The Student Room Group

A Level Biology or RS? Help!

Hello!

I've currently chosen History, English Lit and Biology, but I'm thinking of switching Biology to RS because I haven't done GCSE Chemistry, and people have said it's really hard to do A-Level Biology without Chemistry. I'm getting A/A* in GCSE biology at the moment btw :smile:
I would switch to RS, but the only problem is I don't know if I want to be a Nurse or not - if I did, I would need Biology...

Sorry if this is really confusing, but I'm really stuck!

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 1
Do biology, there is literally no connection between biology and chemistry. For me anyway
Doing biology would keep more options open (eg nurse) than doing RS. Plus it might be a nice change from other essay subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zero connection with biology and chemistry for OCR course. Only similarity is a bit in A2 referring to reduction and oxidisation, which is different in biology and a half equation
you dont have to do a level biology to get into nursing, it helps but if you ll get better grades/ be happier doing a different subject then dont do it:smile:
What I have seen from University requirements, many medical courses like you to have an Alevel in chemistry as well as Biology. I do Biology at Alevel and have found that there are a few times when my teacher has said that we could find it easier if we did chemistry, but overall you don't need chemistry knowledge.
I am also doing an Alevel in RS (Philosophy and ethics) and find that it covers many different things, there are links to law, physics, chemistry and biology while linking in scholars and religious theories.
If you don't want to do another essay based subject then I suggest doing biology.
I hope this helps and you can talk to me at any time since I am doing both of these.
It all depends on what you enjoy i did biology last year and tbh you don't need to do chemistry a level some things link but its not necessary at all. It was the only science A level i did and if you want to be a nurse its better to have i'm doing nursing in September and i'm studying philosophy, psychology and english lit. Psychology counts as a science.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest