The Student Room Group

FL72: Playoff Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Cracking volley puts Swindon 1-0 up 3 minutes in, 3-1 on aggregate!
Reply 61
Swindon lead 2-0! Swindon are set to meet Preston in the playoff final
Reply 62
3-0 Swindon

3-1, deflected effort! 18 minutes gone and it's 3-1, 5-2 on aggregate, incredible stuff!
Reply 63
3-2, Basham header. Game back on!
Reply 64
5-4!!!
Reply 65
Swindon make it 5-3 on the night, and 7-4 on agg. Game over, and they'll meet Preston in the final.
Reply 66
With 10 goals, Swindon v Sheffield Utd is now the highest scoring match in the history of the play-offs (previous high was 8).
Reply 67
Unbelievable stuff. Absolute thriller from start to end. I feel for those who watched Arsenal vs Swansea.

Preston vs Swindon. Tough game to call, I still reckon Preston will finally break their playoff duck, Garner & Beckford are a cut above the rest on their day.
Reply 68
Original post by TornadoGR4
Unbelievable stuff. Absolute thriller from start to end. I feel for those who watched Arsenal vs Swansea.

A dire game by all accounts. Lower league football is where it is at. Great final in prospect. I fancy Preston to do it.
I love the football league so much! My Arsenal supporting mate managed to miss all 10 goals in the Swindon game before turning over for injury time and missing the one they conceded. Credit to Sheff Utd for never giving up.
Reply 70
Original post by hskjlclcn
I love the football league so much! My Arsenal supporting mate managed to miss all 10 goals in the Swindon game before turning over for injury time and missing the one they conceded. Credit to Sheff Utd for never giving up.

Sheffield United's time will come again. They'll certainly be top six next year. I actually fancied them to pip Swindon over the two legs, but it wasn't to be.
Reply 71
Stevenage/Southend ends all level, but Wycombe manage to get past Plymouth 2-1 on the night (5-3 on agg).

Think neither side can manage to beat Wycombe tbh. I fancy Preston and Wycombe to win their respective play-off finals.
Reply 72
Southend win 3-1 after extra-time. They are going to Wembley!

League One final: Preston North End vs. Swindon
League Two final: Southend vs. Wycombe
Reply 73
Penalty missed in the 95th minute for Southend too, saved the lad that missed it a season of regrets by winning anyway
Reply 74
Penalty missed in the 95th minute for Southend too, saved the lad that missed it a season of regrets by winning anyway

Dreadful penalty.
Going for a nervy 1-1 with goals for Leadbitter & Jota.
Reply 76
Didn't see any of it, put Boro secure their place in the playoff final with a 3-0 win on the night to make it 4-1 on aggregate.
Didn't see any of it, put Boro secure their place in the playoff final with a 3-0 win on the night to make it 4-1 on aggregate.

Saw the whole thing. Brentford didn't turn up at all, totally outclassed. Could have been worse tbh.,

5-1 on aggregate. :wink:

It was actually 5-1
Reply 79
Typo. Who would've thought to put 4 & 5 next to each other on the keypad?

Quick Reply

Latest