The Student Room Group

EFL Playoff Finals

Love them (when you qualify from 6th) or loathe them (when you aren’t promoted from 3rd) they're happening this weekend. Anyone going? Who's your team?

I'm one of 44,000 Sheffield Wednesday supporters heading to London on Monday after The Comeback of all Comebacks in the semis.

4-0 down and a mountain to climb after the first leg, scored 4 to take it to extra time, 5-1 after another 30 minutes and through with 5 perfect penalties...🦉😃
Original post by Surnia
Love them (when you qualify from 6th) or loathe them (when you aren’t promoted from 3rd) they're happening this weekend. Anyone going? Who's your team?

I'm one of 44,000 Sheffield Wednesday supporters heading to London on Monday after The Comeback of all Comebacks in the semis.

4-0 down and a mountain to climb after the first leg, scored 4 to take it to extra time, 5-1 after another 30 minutes and through with 5 perfect penalties...🦉😃

Sheffield Wednesday beat Barnsley and are now in the Championship for next season. How do you feel ? No Sheffield derby since Sheffield United got promoted to the Premier League however.
Reply 2
Original post by Driving_Mad
Sheffield Wednesday beat Barnsley and are now in the Championship for next season. How do you feel ? No Sheffield derby since Sheffield United got promoted to the Premier League however.

Physically and emotionally drained! Credit to Barnsley for their performance, their keeper was excellent and, whilst we're no slouches at penalties, I think they could have beaten us in a shoot-out. However, we broke various records this season and deserved promotion.

Overall, it was an amazing day and a hell of a season; beating Newcastle in the FA Cup, THAT Peterborough game and Wembley!

Quick Reply

Latest