The Student Room Group

Article: How to cram for your exams without losing your mind

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This will be me this weekend...who thought It'd be a good idea not to start revision yet especially when you have a resit next week.
Original post by Topps
This will be me this weekend...who thought It'd be a good idea not to start revision yet especially when you have a resit next week.

me too, I really regret not starting revision earlier! Ive got 3 exams this week coming and im not really that prepared!! oops :redface:
Original post by Topps

It's ok - you still have time :smile: Have you created a revision plan so you can focus on ticking things off rather than trying to revise with your to-do list constantly whizzing through your brain?

I hope you have a productive time of it this weekend :h:
Original post by isobella98
me too, I really regret not starting revision earlier! Ive got 3 exams this week coming and im not really that prepared!! oops :redface:

:wavey:

Which exams do you have coming? Have you tried out some past papers?

:smile:
Original post by She-Ra
:wavey:

Which exams do you have coming? Have you tried out some past papers?

:smile:

hi!
All my exams are AQA AS level, I have geography unit 1 on Tuesday and on Friday I have English lit and geography unit 2 (skills paper)

I have been doing some past papers, I need to improve on one section of the English paper, and I have improved in geography today, just need to work on river landforms now!

urgh im so tired, haha :tongue:
hi!
All my exams are AQA AS level, I have geography unit 1 on Tuesday and on Friday I have English lit and geography unit 2 (skills paper)

I have been doing some past papers, I need to improve on one section of the English paper, and I have improved in geography today, just need to work on river landforms now!

urgh im so tired, haha :tongue:

What type of revision have you been doing for geography? I also have two geog exams next week XD revising atm haha
Original post by Unicorn16
What type of revision have you been doing for geography? I also have two geog exams next week XD revising atm haha

I have looked at past papers and planned out answers to the questions, and ive been watching youtube videos and making mind maps and stuff like that :cool:

My eyes hurt from doing it all day now though XD
and I feel your pain, good luck haha :tongue:
I have looked at past papers and planned out answers to the questions, and ive been watching youtube videos and making mind maps and stuff like that :cool:

My eyes hurt from doing it all day now though XD
and I feel your pain, good luck haha :tongue:

Ohh yeah those are some of the things I'm doing too! I have like flashcards with exam questions and I'll try to answer it XD but if I can't then i'd turn over to see what the answer was.
Also, for unit 2, which two topics are you doing? I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding :smile: :smile:
And thanks! Good luck to you too :P
Reply 9
Need some help on English literature :frown:
Auden poems and robert frosts::frown:((( the great gatsby :frown:((((((((( The road :frown:((((((((((((((((
my life is a shambles
suddenly contemplating on how to skip a levels and become a pimp for free
Original post by Unicorn16
Ohh yeah those are some of the things I'm doing too! I have like flashcards with exam questions and I'll try to answer it XD but if I can't then i'd turn over to see what the answer was.
Also, for unit 2, which two topics are you doing? I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding :smile: :smile:
And thanks! Good luck to you too :P

oooh I might copy your flashcard idea for the exam questions :smile:
for unit 2 im doing population and food supply issues.... fun :frown:
what are you doing for physical geography? im doing coasts and rivers :cool:
Original post by Hefty11
Need some help on English literature :frown:
Auden poems and robert frosts::frown:((( the great gatsby :frown:((((((((( The road :frown:((((((((((((((((
my life is a shambles
suddenly contemplating on how to skip a levels and become a pimp for free

urgh tell me about it, im sick of a levels now :frown:
are you doing the aqa lit b exam? :frown:
My tactic has always been to go over the material once lightly like a week or week and a half before the exam. This gives the brain time to absorb it. I then go over the material in depth 2 or 3 days before the exam which further reinforces it. Finally, I usually get up really early the day of the exam and lightly skim through all the material one last time so it's fresh in my mind.
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
My tactic has always been to go over the material once lightly like a week or week and a half before the exam. This gives the brain time to absorb it. I then go over the material in depth 2 or 3 days before the exam which further reinforces it. Finally, I usually get up really early the day of the exam and lightly skim through all the material one last time so it's fresh in my mind.

I like your style
im really stuck with biology and maths and im taking higher for both and im expected to get B or above on each paper but I cant remember anything.. this sucks
Reply 15
Wasted yesterday.
Wasted most of today
Sigh looks like cramming rest of evening and tomorrow.
Exam Tuesday🙇
I just cant for the life of me bring myself to so it. Phones off until tuesday
Reply 16
urgh tell me about it, im sick of a levels now :frown:
are you doing the aqa lit b exam? :frown:

yup i give up on life, its this friday too :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: :frown::frown:(:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:::frown::frown::frown::frown:(::frown::frown::frown:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Me for Psychology tomorrow!
Why cram? Work throughout the year guys!
I am very scared of the English Literature exams. I am currently on a borderline C grade and need to achieve a B to be able to do Philosophy and Creative Writing A levels at 6th form, ahhhhhh!

I've been stressing everyday and really frustrated. My mum is so kind that she has been helping me gain the skills of structuring my English essays, however I am still uncertain of how to link everything together.

Good luck everyone on all your exams. I hope you all get the grades you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending