The Student Room Group

feeling demotivated and i want to just give up - URGENT PLS HELP

im in the midst of retaking my bio and chem a-level and i just want to give up. i have done 2 papers already. there's no way im getting an A to meet my offer in bio and chem. i just feel hopeless and i need some direction. i don't know why i thought i could study independently i should have gone to a college. i had made a plan to cram which i have finished the content for biology and i have organic left for chemistry. my parents work so hard and i feel like ive let them down i cant resit again. my friend who is also resitting told me she wants to give up and before that point my revision was going well but now i want to give up too.
(edited 10 months ago)
Take a bit of time and chill out - do sports or watch a movie etc. Relax your mind.

Then bangout exam questions 24/7.
Reply 2
Original post by Faisal Amiri
Take a bit of time and chill out - do sports or watch a movie etc. Relax your mind.

Then bangout exam questions 24/7.

Do you think I could get the A if I cram non stop ?
Original post by jubnatan
Do you think I could get the A if I cram non stop ?

You’ve only done 2 papers so an A is very possible, A* is tricky though.
The best path to this is by doing all exam questions you can find since the general pattern between exams is the same.
We are capable of a lot more than we think!
Reply 4
You do sound quite low at the moment. Make sure you are eating sensibly and get to bed at a reasonable time.

It is not long until exams are finished so please try to keep going with your revision. Some of your competitors may give up now & they may regret it later.

Don't overthink what the results will be. Live in the moment and do what you can now.

Later in the summer there will be different paths to consider. Lots of people change track - this is a normal thing to do so don't worry about what others will think.

This is an uncertain time but you can control the work you are doing now. If there are specific topics that make you lose sleep, find some past paper questions & review the mark schemes carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest