The Student Room Group

Cfe higher biology

Scroll to see replies

Got the same as this except C for 1 and C for 16. Good luck
Original post by sweatpea_98
I put starch as I wasn't sure whether glucose was a complex molecule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put starch too as i defo know that is a complex molecule as I learnt from home ec last haha.
Original post by Larissa14
I put starch too as i defo know that is a complex molecule as I learnt from home ec last haha.

There is some information on complex molecules on page 82 of the how to pass book if you have it :smile:
Original post by Sophie_ L_ K
There is some information on complex molecules on page 82 of the how to pass book if you have it :smile:

Yeah the answers are vitamins, beef extract and fatty acid so I guess starch isn't one then

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the answer to the one about the lettuce being shredded? It was such a weird question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
I put D which was plant vertebrates animals but I had no idea and we have never learnt that

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was in the revised higher paper as well, I put Plants > Vertebrates > animals also.
Original post by Gwenuin
That was in the revised higher paper as well, I put Plants > Vertebrates > animals also.

The answer was A which is animals, vertebrates then plants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
The answer was A which is animals, vertebrates then plants

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a copy of the question? I thought it asked for order of which came first? I may have misread the question and done them in the wrong order... D:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545113.439490.jpg
Here is the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545113.439490.jpg
Here is the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you still sure the answer is A??? Surely plants occured before vertabrates, which occured before animals? I still am confident the answer is D.. :/
Original post by Gwenuin
Are you still sure the answer is A??? Surely plants occured before vertabrates, which occured before animals? I still am confident the answer is D.. :/

Well I thought it was D but someone googled it and it says A in one of the text books?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Well I thought it was D but someone googled it and it says A in one of the text books?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah plants evolved before animals did so I am confident the answer is D

What was the answer you put for the one beneath it? Do you have a picture of it? Our paper was write on so we didn't get to keep it :frown: but we had both those questions as well
Original post by Gwenuin
yeah plants evolved before animals did so I am confident the answer is D

What was the answer you put for the one beneath it? Do you have a picture of it? Our paper was write on so we didn't get to keep it :frown: but we had both those questions as well

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545658.790195.jpg
I put D for that one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431545658.790195.jpg
I put D for that one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eeech :/ I see now D was the right answer but I put B, I didn't really understand the question :frown: I ran out of time to check over my answers for multiple choice, I finished with only 2 mins left, our paper had 30 multiple choice questions, took me ages -_-
Original post by Gwenuin
Eeech :/ I see now D was the right answer but I put B, I didn't really understand the question :frown: I ran out of time to check over my answers for multiple choice, I finished with only 2 mins left, our paper had 30 multiple choice questions, took me ages -_-

Yeah I didn't have much time either to throughly check my answers...ah well there isn't much I could change seeing as a lot of the problem solving I had to guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Larissa14
That cabbage question though...

What did you put for the first part? About why they shred the cabbage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you put for the first part? About why they shred the cabbage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

More surface area for the yeast/bacteria to act on?
Original post by tinababy
More surface area for the yeast/bacteria to act on?

Yes that seems logical I thought about that but I decided to go with there was a higher surface area which meant that more light was absorbed so more photosynthesis occurred.... Which produced glucose...then the glucose was used in respiration?? Something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes that seems logical I thought about that but I decided to go with there was a higher surface area which meant that more light was absorbed so more photosynthesis occurred.... Which produced glucose...then the glucose was used in respiration?? Something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

But wasn't the question more about the effect this had on the ethanol production of the bacteria? Plus the cabbage was shredded like basically dead and the package was airtight which would not have helped photosynthesis? Tbh your guess is as good as mine :tongue:

What did you put for part B? It was something what aspect of the process helped the bacteria and prevented other bacteria from growing?
Original post by Gwenuin

It depends how you define plant and animal but the cfe bio book basically said A.
The purple arrow says millions of years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending