The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 1 Option F

Did anyone else sit this exam yesterday? I answered Italy 1896-43, and Germany 1919-45. I found the questions rather obscure, was wondering if anyone felt the same!
Original post by BeccaBurrell
Did anyone else sit this exam yesterday? I answered Italy 1896-43, and Germany 1919-45. I found the questions rather obscure, was wondering if anyone felt the same!

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

I did. I answered the first question for both of them but I felt I did better on the political and economic divisions questions in Italy. I don't think I did badly on Germany though.
Original post by marklowell96
I did. I answered the first question for both of them but I felt I did better on the political and economic divisions questions in Italy. I don't think I did badly on Germany though.

Yeah, I did both of the first questions too :smile: what did you put for legal methods?
Yeah, I did both of the first questions too :smile: what did you put for legal methods?

I talked about electioneering and the types of propaganda used by Goebbels and how Hitler's oratory played a part and Conservative/Elite support, then on how external factors such as the Wall Street Crash played a part. Talked about the SA as well and the weak Weimar Republic (4 chancellors from 1928-32). Thinking about it compared to my first essay this one was very unorganised I couldn't properly structure it.

Also do you remember the years the question asked us to anlayse not sure whether it was from 1928 to 32 or from 1928 to 33.
Original post by marklowell96
I talked about electioneering and the types of propaganda used by Goebbels and how Hitler's oratory played a part and Conservative/Elite support, then on how external factors such as the Wall Street Crash played a part. Talked about the SA as well and the weak Weimar Republic (4 chancellors from 1928-32). Thinking about it compared to my first essay this one was very unorganised I couldn't properly structure it.

Also do you remember the years the question asked us to anlayse not sure whether it was from 1928 to 32 or from 1928 to 33.

Ahh that sounds really good, I'm sure you can get good marks with that especially if you used sustained analysis! I did all of those except violence, I used the role of the Harzburg Front instead. The years of analysis were from 1928-33.
Ahh that sounds really good, I'm sure you can get good marks with that especially if you used sustained analysis! I did all of those except violence, I used the role of the Harzburg Front instead. The years of analysis were from 1928-33.

Hoepfully we do well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending