The Student Room Group

AS Unit 2 EDEXCEL psychology please help

Okay hi guys. The unit 2 exam is in 2 days time and I have a question. I was wondering what question would come up for psychosexual development? And what question would come up for the psychodynamic gender development? I'm really scared that I'll end up writing about the wrong one. Please help! Thank you
Reply 1
they would normally ask you either to describe one or more of the psychosexual stages of development such as oral, but they wouldn't ask for the phallic stage as this is his theory of gender development (Oedipus and Electra complex). I'm certain you have to be able to evaluate the psychodynamic theory of gender development but I don't think you have to able to evaluate the psychosexual stages as a whole, but I'm not 100% sure on that one :smile:
Original post by soph_f1
they would normally ask you either to describe one or more of the psychosexual stages of development such as oral, but they wouldn't ask for the phallic stage as this is his theory of gender development (Oedipus and Electra complex). I'm certain you have to be able to evaluate the psychodynamic theory of gender development but I don't think you have to able to evaluate the psychosexual stages as a whole, but I'm not 100% sure on that one :smile:

Just to clarify in response to the evaluation of the psychosexual stages, it states in the specification that you need to be able to evaluate Freud's theory of psychosexual development; so yes, you do need to be able to evaluate the theory of psychosexual development as a whole :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by soph_f1

Thank you so much!!! :smile:
Reply 4
The evaluation points you can use are pretty similar, just make sure if you're talking about the theory of gender you refer to it in that way :smile:
To help out a bit learn two strengths and two weaknesses, give an example and explain what you mean will give you everything you need to pass the evaluation questions.
some strengths for psychosexual development are;
-there is evidence as Freud observed his children closely and made detailed notes
-there is mundane realism with the pleasure principles e.g. babies enjoy sucking & chewing which is what oral stage is
-emphasises importance of early years & good parenting- application

Some weaknesses:
-Freud makes to big of a leap from his observations to interpretations
-No common correlation between strict potty training and extreme tidiness
- the best and easiest evaluation point to remember is... No scientific evidence :biggrin:

Hope this helps. Doing a resit with unit 2 only started revising yesterday :/ Good luck everyone who is doing the exam tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 6
Does anyone have any guesses on what questions will be on the paper??
Reply 7
Original post by marianna_1997
To help out a bit learn two strengths and two weaknesses, give an example and explain what you mean will give you everything you need to pass the evaluation questions.
some strengths for psychosexual development are;
-there is evidence as Freud observed his children closely and made detailed notes
-there is mundane realism with the pleasure principles e.g. babies enjoy sucking & chewing which is what oral stage is
-emphasises importance of early years & good parenting- application

Some weaknesses:
-Freud makes to big of a leap from his observations to interpretations
-No common correlation between strict potty training and extreme tidiness
- the best and easiest evaluation point to remember is... No scientific evidence :biggrin:

Hope this helps. Doing a resit with unit 2 only started revising yesterday :/ Good luck everyone who is doing the exam tomorrow :biggrin:

Thank you this has really helped me! Good luck on your resit I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending