The Student Room Group

Job interview travel expenses

Just wondering about other peoples views on whether you should ask for, or expect expenses when you attend a job interview to cover travel?

If you think you should get expenses, how would you ask for it? Or would you turn expenses down if they were offered?
That is what JSA is for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends. If it's for a local job where the place of interview is the same as the place of work you'd be travelling to every day, I wouldn't expect expenses. If, however, it's for something like a grad or internship scheme, and they're expecting you to travel a couple of hundred miles, there should be paid expenses.
Reply 3
If it was in my local area then no I wouldn't expect expenses. Iirc if you're on JSA/UC you can claim expenses if your interview is out of your area i.e. more than a 90 min journey each way. I heard that some companies also give you expenses for travel if you're out of the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, its a buyers market when it comes to jobs. There's 20 people who want that job, they are not trying to convince you to apply, you're trying to convince them to pick you.
And asking for money in the interview wont be the way to do that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest