The Student Room Group

Thoughts on the "Top Knot" on Guys?

When I first saw it, I thought it was pretty awesome, some people pull it off very well.

I personally am growing my hair out and got something close, but not quite public ready.

But is it douche? Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like it and you're a bit late this is sort of 'out' now. And yes became synonymous with hipster douche look

But if you like it go for it. Just expect some embarrassment looking back on the pictures in the future!
Doesn't matter what people think. You can look however you want :tongue:
Reply 3
Have you seen that video where this guy cuts off strangers top knots? Pretty crazy..
[QUOTE="AvaAdore;56103663"]I don't like it and you're a bit late this is sort of 'out' now./QUOTE]

I was never actually one to keep with the fashion, or what is in or out. I just like the look.

Original post by ChickenMadness
Doesn't matter what people think. You can look however you want :tongue:

....However, I DO care on what people thing, not because I am insecure, but because I am single and impressions mean something to me. How you look does matter, unless you literally walk around in the cheapest stuff you can find, you always put thought into how you dress :wink:
Original post by Bobbi!
Have you seen that video where this guy cuts off strangers top knots? Pretty crazy..

Most ironic video I can think off, a load of definition hipsters, hating on a hipster hairstyle!
Reply 6
If you wanna do it just do it. It would turn me off any guy tbh, and I'm fairly alternative in how I dress
It's one of the most idiotic hairstyles out there.... pretty much highlights everything wrong with the whole "hipster" movement
Don't do it , you will look like a pillock.
Reply 9
Looks stupid to me but whatever floats your boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I think men with top knots look like complete melts but if you want a top knot then get one.
Who cares what anyone else thinks?
I quite like them ???? I think on the right person they improve how attractive they look

and I also think u should do u with whatever hair u want and if u want it who cares if it's associated with 'hipsters' which for some reason is synonymous with '****' if u like it do it !!!!! but ppl can be cruel so if u think you're gonna get offended by passing comments I wouldn't suggest it

Posted from TSR Mobile
People can do what they like but I personally think they look like *****
Reply 13
I dont like them at all. Yuck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks ridiculous

Grow all your hair out and get a man bun, that's hot
Not my forte tbh, but some girls find it attractive.

Who gives a f about my opinion though, you do you.
I love man buns. I think they look über chic and stylish. In my opinion, guys with man buns are way more attractive. I wish more guys had them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people can pull it off others look so silly....

Entirely opinion based.
Absolutely love it, go for it
I find it really hot ! give it a try if you don't like it or are attracting negative attention that's effecting you get it cut

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending