The Student Room Group

English Literature A-Level OCR

Hi guys, I’m doing OCR English Literature A-Level and since it’s Easter it’s time to go hard with revision but I’m a bit lost on where to start. I didn’t make any quote banks or critic quotes or anything on context last year since I thought I would drop but I’ve ended up sticking with it. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to prioritise???? And how to get my revision together for EngLit???
Original post by 888ella
Hi guys, I’m doing OCR English Literature A-Level and since it’s Easter it’s time to go hard with revision but I’m a bit lost on where to start. I didn’t make any quote banks or critic quotes or anything on context last year since I thought I would drop but I’ve ended up sticking with it. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to prioritise???? And how to get my revision together for EngLit???
Hi i can help you with revision. Search GetRevising.com on google (it says it’s part of student room but i had to make an account) and search resources for your texts. You will find so much content on themes, context, and quotes that people have posted on there. definitely make quote banks for your paper 2 texts as this is where you will get AO1 marks. for paper 1 focus more on themes, context and interpretations as this is what you need to do the questions (no marks on quotes). i would also suggest making revision booklets for your texts/questions. i know it’s possibly too late to make any revision resources but the revision booklet is basically just whatever content you find useful put into one document so when it comes to revising just before the exams you have your content in one place. Quizlet is also really good for context and quotes, i have found a lot of useful info off of there. i hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by studentalevel121
Hi i can help you with revision. Search GetRevising.com on google (it says it’s part of student room but i had to make an account) and search resources for your texts. You will find so much content on themes, context, and quotes that people have posted on there. definitely make quote banks for your paper 2 texts as this is where you will get AO1 marks. for paper 1 focus more on themes, context and interpretations as this is what you need to do the questions (no marks on quotes). i would also suggest making revision booklets for your texts/questions. i know it’s possibly too late to make any revision resources but the revision booklet is basically just whatever content you find useful put into one document so when it comes to revising just before the exams you have your content in one place. Quizlet is also really good for context and quotes, i have found a lot of useful info off of there. i hope this helps

Thank you so so so much!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest