The Student Room Group

Grade Boundary Prediction for an A (Edexcel Unit 1 Chemistry)

Poll

Predictions?

What do you predict? :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

I think i got 69+ hopefully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Really good paper for me, but I think people found it harder than last year, so like 60? for an A
Reply 3
Any more predictions? :colondollar:
60 for an A
Reply 5
Let's discuss ?
Reply 6
Please don't vote based on what you predict YOU got
this paper was a lttle bit more difficult than last years. this is my resit so i reckon 64-63 hopefully. i think i lost 6-7 marks max.
I think it'll be low 60s so probably around 62 since there were some questions which will catch people out.
Reply 9
Original post by kdizzle97
I think it'll be low 60s so probably around 62 since there were some questions which will catch people out.

Mass spec question caught me out :redface:
Original post by Feraligatr
Mass spec question caught me out :redface:

Yeah I think it caught most people out aha!
Yeah I think it caught most people out aha!

I know I lost about 4 marks right there :redface:
Original post by Feraligatr
I know I lost about 4 marks right there :redface:

Yeah the drawing the mass spectrum caught me out, I don't think I did it fully and the anabolic steroids question was worded weirdly haha. I just used PE knowledge and started talking about athletes swapping urine and the health risks for the question after that..
Yeah the drawing the mass spectrum caught me out, I don't think I did it fully and the anabolic steroids question was worded weirdly haha. I just used PE knowledge and started talking about athletes swapping urine and the health risks for the question after that..

I'm bound to have lost marks there lol:redface:
Reply 14
I think lower than 60 as a lot of people found it difficult! I retook this exam and I thought it was more difficult than most past papers.
I think the questions/type of questions in the paper were different to past papers so some people found it harder
Really am hoping that the grade boundaries will be about 59 for an A :redface:
Anyone else? :colondollar:
Reply 18
What mass (around) did you get for the magnsium oxide one? It was the enthalpy question with the Hess cycle. The question towards the end of that section asked you to find out the mass of MgO needed to raise the temp by 50 degrees in 250cm.
Anyone remember what they put?
1.88g?

Quick Reply

Latest