The Student Room Group

Which job is better?

I got 2 jobs which I can start immediately.
Starbucks as a barista- 7.60/h after training but not really good social hours as is open 5am till 11pm and I have to work sometimes night shift from 12am-5am which is better pay. I hate wake up early and know night work is not healty but very good money in this job
Nandos as a cashier- better hours from 11am-11pm, easy job but not a really nice money 6.80/hour
Can someone give me advice what to choose?
This will be my full time job and I want keep for a long time.
How long are you planning to keep the job, and are you at university at the moment or are you planning to go to university?
I'd chose the starbucks
Reply 2
I would like to keep this job as long as possible. I am just study english for now but just 2 days per week
Reply 3
Anyone else can help?
Reply 4
Personally I find working a till to be a bit repetitive and boring. The only upside is positive interaction with customers.

Being a barrista is pretty hard work. Haven't done it, but know people who have. It can be stressful.

My primary concern at the moment is making more money, so if it was me I'd go with Starbucks as the pay is better, and there are more hours even if they are unsociable. If you just want a source of income, with more free time I think Nandos might be the better choice.
Reply 5
Also if starbuck don't pay their tax can I have any problem after as a employee with things like sick pay, maternity leave etc?
Reply 6
Original post by Nina181
Also if starbuck don't pay their tax can I have any problem after as a employee with things like sick pay, maternity leave etc?

No Starbuck's tax affairs have no impact on your access to the things youve mentioned. Anyone who pays national insurance gets sick pay etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending