The Student Room Group

C3/C4/FP2/FP3,M1,M2,M4,M5 Resources and links

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edothero
Chapter 2 in the Edexcel FP3 book - Further Coordinate Systems

Cant seem to find questions in these booklets

Does "Conics" not include chapter 2 content?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DylanJ42
Does "Conics" not include chapter 2 content?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Comparing the mixed exercise questions to that booklet and they look nothing alike, even the "easy" ones
Comparing the mixed exercise questions to that booklet and they look nothing alike, even the "easy" ones

Ah fair enough, well we can see what TeeEm says then :biggrin:
Reply 103

Ah fair enough, well we can see what TeeEm says then :biggrin:

what seems to be the problem?
Original post by TeeEm
what seems to be the problem?

edothero is looking for questions on your website which resemble edexcel FP3's Chapter 2 mixed exercise but he cant seem to find any, Apparently the conics questions are not in the same style (i haven't had a proper look at them yet)

Here are the edexcel questions (just so you don't have to go look for them);

fp3mixed.jpg
edothero is looking for questions on your website which resemble edexcel FP3's Chapter 2 mixed exercise but he cant seem to find any, Apparently the conics questions are not in the same style (i haven't had a proper look at them yet)

Here are the edexcel questions (just so you don't have to go look for them);

fp3mixed.jpg

Bane of my life, those 2 pages. Honestly
Original post by Student403

spent about 2 days on that page and a half (still didn't get them all right :laugh:)
spent about 2 days on that page and a half (still didn't get them all right :laugh:)

The fact that you could actually attempt them impresses me...

Actually the part a)s were generally alright. Then the part b)s were like BAM

I haven't done these mixed exercises only because they're supposedly notoriously difficult. Are the actual pp qs as difficult?
The fact that you could actually attempt them impresses me...

Actually the part a)s were generally alright. Then the part b)s were like BAM

In the 3 past papers ive done for FP3 none of the co-ord system questions came anywhere near as difficult as these ones which is worrying, a very tricky Ch2 question could be 6 or so marks down the drain :afraid:

Edit: @aymanzayedmannan in reply to your post
In the 3 past papers ive done for FP3 none of the co-ord system questions came anywhere near as difficult as these ones which is worrying, a very tricky Ch2 question could be 6 or so marks down the drain :afraid:

Edit: @aymanzayedmannan in reply to your post

Oh well then that's good news, no?
Oh well then that's good news, no?

I dont think so, could lead to being unprepared for a very difficult Ch2 question

Edexcel have been increasing the difficulty of the exams (i think) so if they put a mixed exercise standard question in the exam we could be in trouble
I dont think so, could lead to being unprepared for a very difficult Ch2 question

Edexcel have been increasing the difficulty of the exams (i think) so if they put a mixed exercise standard question in the exam we could be in trouble

I've actually been lying to my teacher about doing ALL of them b/c I want to attempt them fresh closer to exam time. They are brutal
I've actually been lying to my teacher about doing ALL of them b/c I want to attempt them fresh closer to exam time. They are brutal

I will definitely be re-doing them in May

I'll aim to get them all correct then (maybe with some hints from TSR, ill have to see)
Hi, do you have any resources for D1? If so please could you send me the link, would be really grateful :smile: thanks!
Reply 115
I was wondering since our upcoming chemistry exams are coming up if people wanted to be part of a maths whatsapp revision group. I guessing most of us use whatsapp so I guess it will be more suitable for everyone then. If you are interested either pm me or responded to this message

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Q3 on this booklet, is there a mistake when you went from yx=Ae2x+Be2xex\frac{y}{x}=Ae^{2x} + Be^{-2x} - e^{x} to y=Axe2x+Bxe2xexy = Axe^{2x} + Bxe^{-2x} - e^{x} (note the missing factor of xx next to exe^{x})?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Zacken
Q3 on this booklet, is there a mistake when you went from yx=Ae2x+Be2xex\frac{y}{x}=Ae^{2x} + Be^{-2x} - e^{-x} to y=Axe2x+Bxe2xexy = Axe^{2x} + Bxe^{-2x} - e^{-x} (note the missing factor of xx next to exe^{-x})?

possibly
Thanks for the resources in this thread.I was wondering if you have some resources on D2 and S2.(preferably OCR)

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending