The Student Room Group

Story that began in 2010

Around the end of November 2010, I was on one of those sites that connects you to random strangers to have an anonymous 1-on-1 chat. I met a stranger called Sienna. We had some sort of connection, so we exchanged MSN Messenger info and started voice chatting. She said she lived in London and recently completed GCSEs. Coincidentally I had traveled to London a few months earlier (I live in the US) so I was familiar with the city. She had a thick accent. We had some amusing discussions about the Tube and London landmarks before signing off for the day.

As time went on, we became pretty good friends and began sharing more with each other. She would tell me that she loved me, and thought we could be best friends. When she asked me if I loved her, I would give generic responses such as "I love everyone, because that's what Jesus tells us to do". I was a bit irritated from some things that happened in the real world before I met Sienna so I wasn't really too keen on connection at that time.

We moved on with our lives, but we still kept in touch. Her parents sent her to a boarding school in Canada, but she went back to England after just a short time because she got kicked out from the boarding school. I ended up moving thousands of miles across the country to a different state, and we continued to exchange dialogue through MSN.

Throughout all this... we never gave out last names or any other means of contact besides MSN, for some reason. The last name on her account was G'Deeno (Sienna G'Deeno), but she specifically said that was not her real surname. At the time, I never thought to ask what her real surname was.

A common theme in our dialogues was that she would tell me I was "pressed". I didn't know that word, she said she didn't really have a way to explain it but it sort of meant "obsessed with being angry". In retrospect I realize it was a pretty accurate perception. I was too pressed to give her the type of attention that she was looking for.

The last time we talked was around the end of 2012. We kept in touch for about 2 years in total. Microsoft took MSN Messenger offline in the beginning of 2013.

I actually didn't think about it too much during 2013 and 2014, I was busy with several various other things. Now in 2015 I came across the show Catfish on MTV, and that really started turning some gears in my mind. I find myself just wondering whatever happened to Sienna, mostly just out of curiosity. Maybe she tried to find me, but info about me isn't too easily available on the internet, even if someone had my surname.

How could I find out what happened to her, and maybe get back in touch? Neither of us gave last names or any means of contact outside of MSN Messenger before Microsoft closed it.

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up subscribing to 192.com (a UK public records database). I looked up every Sienna in London then discarded like 95% of them for having an age that was off (her year of birth would be 1993). I was left with a few names, and after a further look I am guessing none of them are the actual Sienna that I was talking to from years earlier. Not all of the records that exist are in 192.com though. Ultimately I'm not sure what that leaves me with.

So, here we are. In reflection, she told me several times she loved me and I just never said it back, though now I'd say I do love her as a person and not necessarily romantically. I had mostly even forgotten about this in the previous years 2013 and 2014, but for some reason in 2015 I am actually more than a little bit curious to find out what happened. So... what now?
forget about it, she wasted your time (and possibly money = SCAM, which you fell for)
Sort your life out mate, it's over and done with. You could of been speaking to a grown man who was having a laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by iamordinary
Around the end of November 2010, I was on one of those sites that connects you to random strangers to have an anonymous 1-on-1 chat. I met a stranger called Sienna. We had some sort of connection, so we exchanged MSN Messenger info and started voice chatting. She said she lived in London and recently completed GCSEs. Coincidentally I had traveled to London a few months earlier (I live in the US) so I was familiar with the city. She had a thick accent. We had some amusing discussions about the Tube and London landmarks before signing off for the day.

As time went on, we became pretty good friends and began sharing more with each other. She would tell me that she loved me, and thought we could be best friends. When she asked me if I loved her, I would give generic responses such as "I love everyone, because that's what Jesus tells us to do". I was a bit irritated from some things that happened in the real world before I met Sienna so I wasn't really too keen on connection at that time.

We moved on with our lives, but we still kept in touch. Her parents sent her to a boarding school in Canada, but she went back to England after just a short time because she got kicked out from the boarding school. I ended up moving thousands of miles across the country to a different state, and we continued to exchange dialogue through MSN.

Throughout all this... we never gave out last names or any other means of contact besides MSN, for some reason. The last name on her account was G'Deeno (Sienna G'Deeno), but she specifically said that was not her real surname. At the time, I never thought to ask what her real surname was.

A common theme in our dialogues was that she would tell me I was "pressed". I didn't know that word, she said she didn't really have a way to explain it but it sort of meant "obsessed with being angry". In retrospect I realize it was a pretty accurate perception. I was too pressed to give her the type of attention that she was looking for.

The last time we talked was around the end of 2012. We kept in touch for about 2 years in total. Microsoft took MSN Messenger offline in the beginning of 2013.

I actually didn't think about it too much during 2013 and 2014, I was busy with several various other things. Now in 2015 I came across the show Catfish on MTV, and that really started turning some gears in my mind. I find myself just wondering whatever happened to Sienna, mostly just out of curiosity. Maybe she tried to find me, but info about me isn't too easily available on the internet, even if someone had my surname.

How could I find out what happened to her, and maybe get back in touch? Neither of us gave last names or any means of contact outside of MSN Messenger before Microsoft closed it.

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up subscribing to 192.com (a UK public records database). I looked up every Sienna in London then discarded like 95% of them for having an age that was off (her year of birth would be 1993). I was left with a few names, and after a further look I am guessing none of them are the actual Sienna that I was talking to from years earlier. Not all of the records that exist are in 192.com though. Ultimately I'm not sure what that leaves me with.

So, here we are. In reflection, she told me several times she loved me and I just never said it back, though now I'd say I do love her as a person and not necessarily romantically. I had mostly even forgotten about this in the previous years 2013 and 2014, but for some reason in 2015 I
Reply 4
Original post by MrStayAnonymous
Sort your life out mate, it's over and done with. You could of been speaking to a grown man who was having a laugh

While I could probably use sorting, there are some things I wouldn't doubt. We voice chatted on day one. I hadn't thought much of this in the previous few years, but it's just started to linger on my mind a bit now.

Original post by shawn_o1
forget about it, she wasted your time (and possibly money = SCAM, which you fell for)

I don't really know why you'd say scam and money, money wasn't mentioned at all.
tl;dr
You have more chance of winning the lottery than finding her. Win it, then use the money you win to put billboards around the city so she will see them and contact you.
Reply 7
You'll find someone better who you actually know!
I don't remember a lot about MSN but don't you add people with their email address? If that is the case can't you send her an email and see how she's doing? I would imagine that your contacts would be recorded somewhere deep in your computers files/history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you go back to that website and email the people who work for it? I don't know :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
You have more chance of winning the lottery than finding her. Win it, then use the money you win to put billboards around the city so she will see them and contact you.

Thanks mate, I actually just might win the lottery metaphorically speaking.

Original post by <3Music
I don't remember a lot about MSN but don't you add people with their email address? If that is the case can't you send her an email and see how she's doing? I would imagine that your contacts would be recorded somewhere deep in your computers files/history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I actually just managed to find some chat logs from 4 years ago on my old computer. There are over 2600 messages we exchanged in them, but it's still missing more than a years worth of logs from a different computer that I threw away... We never used e-mail though, only MSN. When I have a chance to go through the all the stuff in the logs.. like , youtube videos she sent of her friends and things like that, I'm positive I can reach her someway to see where she's at now.

Original post by Lollypop0
Could you go back to that website and email the people who work for it? I don't know :frown:

Something like that may be possible. There's a lot of other things going on right now so I'm going to put this aside for a while, but some point later I'd like to figure it out. I think it's kind of like long lost penpals. They exchanged letters, fell out of touch for decades then sometime later found each other again. Maybe this isn't that crazy, but it's a little similar. I read about it in the news:

http://www.chron.com/life/article/Pen-pals-reunite-after-four-decades-3919886.php

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jan/29/pen-pals-reunite-after-58-years/?#article-copy

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/montgomery_county/decades-later-pen-pals-again/article_e073af18-084c-530b-9248-ebd964684bb7.html
Keep us updated though please :smile:
You've wasted a lot of time on her for two people who've never met
Reply 13
That's an interesting story, it's a bit sad to be out of touch with your mystery person but you have to move on. You two have always had completely separate lives. She doesn't fit into the equation that is your life, so don't give this too much thought. People fade away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending