The Student Room Group

If a guy only texts once every 1-3 days is he not interested

I met a guy on a dating app and we began speaking on snapchat. He has a very busy schedule as he does an apprenticeship in the day and works in the evenings. We've known each other 2 weeks but he only messages once every 1-3 days, the responses are always good long thoughtful paragraphs so it is like many messages in one but it still feels as though messages being that infrequent is a sign of disinterest. I'm not sure if i should stick it out or just remove myself as I don't want to waste my energy on someone that isn't interested. I should also add both of us have stated we are looking for a relationship.
Original post by hxlly034
He has a very busy schedule as he does an apprenticeship in the day and works in the evenings

Do you think that, maybe... this is the reason why?
I guess maybe ask him? If he has said that he is working a lot, that is a highly likely why.

I’m in a similar predicament with someone off a dating app. Although he had warned me about slow replies, but he posts all the time on Instagram, so for me that’s a bit of a red flag. It’s now been 4 days without a respond, but constant stories and I’m done. 😂

I guess what I’m trying to say is, it sounds like a genuine reason and unless he’s given you any doubt that he’s playing you or messing around, he could just be busy. However, that also doesn’t mean you have to tolerate that, because it may be you communication styles are different and will it get better? Some things to think about, but good luck ☺️
Reply 3
Phone him, if you want instant responses.
Reply 4
It could be he’s very busy or that this is his preferred messaging style. Does he ever message first or is it always replies, that’s a sign too. Usually you can trust your instincts on these things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending