The Student Room Group

Can't revise during the half term

Scroll to see replies

Me too, I revised loads before the exams, then stopped revising as much when they started, and now in the half term, I haven't revised at all. I've been going out too much and I've lost so much motivation.

I said I'd start 2 days ago too and I still haven't, I need to get myself together...
Reply 21
Original post by JezDayy
Me too, I revised loads before the exams, then stopped revising as much when they started, and now in the half term, I haven't revised at all. I've been going out too much and I've lost so much motivation.

I said I'd start 2 days ago too and I still haven't, I need to get myself together...

Yeh same, don't worry plenty of time left. I done abit today but I take longer breaks than I actually spend revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about discipline?
Original post by ImagineCats
Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians until you cry over their lifestyle

this is my binge watch :frown: i cry and moan all the time at their lifestyle looool
Original post by r-t
Yeh it's just quite scary thinking that 2 years of A-levels comes down to a 2 hour exam. Yeh I think living with the regret of not revising is worse than getting bad grades because if you revise then you know you tried at least which is all you can do really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right.
AS was great. Now A2, no motivation 13 days left :'(
I'm the same, however to make myself revise I've started coming in to college to do work rather than doing it at home. For me it's a lot to do with the atmosphere i'm in than anything else; a working environment or just a clean space (tidy room)!
My revision is much slower now, cause I'm just so bored of it.
Reply 27
Original post by r-t
I have no motivation to revise throughout the half term. I've just had so much oh my mind and it's been 4 days since we broke up and I've basically done nothing. I've been revising throughout the year but have no motivation to do it now even though my first exam is in less than 2 weeks! Anyone in the same position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been through that, all I want to say is people come in and out of your life, even the ones that you love, but don't forget your career is in your hands, you're the one who is going to go to uni... I know it's hard but try to revise because messing up your own future for someone isn't going to help you at all during results day... When it happened to me there was a month left for my exams and I just let myself go, was in depression felt like it's the end of the world but it's not, but after 1/2 days I realised that hey I need to get my mind off that person, so I revised more and more and when results day came, I was so happy, if I had stopped revising I would have ended up failing...
Original post by r-t
Yeh same, don't worry plenty of time left. I done abit today but I take longer breaks than I actually spend revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man, second day back, how's your exams been going, if you had any?
Reply 29
Original post by JezDayy
Hey man, second day back, how's your exams been going, if you had any?

Haven't had any yet fortunately, revision not been going so well (it was my birthday today so didn't revise yesterday or today) but hopefully will make up for it tomorrow. First exam is on the 9th followed by the second one on the 10th :/ you had any exams yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
Haven't had any yet fortunately, revision not been going so well (it was my birthday today so didn't revise yesterday or today) but hopefully will make up for it tomorrow. First exam is on the 9th followed by the second one on the 10th :/ you had any exams yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy birthday!
Must suck to have a birthday in the exam period :|
I had English today, went alright I guess, I have geography tomorrow followed by maths, which I've lost all motivation for. But we have been revising at school, so hopefully it's enough... lol

Quick Reply

Latest