The Student Room Group

Lonely during summer

I just want this to be a space where anyone can add stuff if they relate because it would be nice to know I'm not the only one.
So I'm someone who's in secondary, going yr 11 in Sep and usually during the summer I feel lonely but recently I've really been feeling bored, sad and lonely. I feel like I have no energy to work, I wake up late, do stuff slowly and the days seem to be flying way to quick to handle and I wish I was having fun in the summer whilst everyone else is. None of my friends are making plans to meet up because some are on holiday so the group doesn't want to meet up but I don't get why we can't because some pairs go out without the rest on the last days of terms for example. And then the rest of my friends don't seem like an option to meet up with because of bad influences etc. Also nobody texts me first so I feel forgetten and I wish I had someone to go out with who's just decent and initaited it or I wish I just felt happier. I can't rlly go out on my own cause I wouldn't enjoy and it's just not it for me. Year 10 felt tough and I didn't really enjoy it and I'm almost dreading Year 11 and I just feel unhappy because there's nothing to do.
Please don't say anything mean because it'd hurt me even more but if it's helpful advice feel free to add and if anyone else relates pls lmk.
If u want add tips for Year 11 and if you think you should revise in the summer.
Also I chose this forum because I wanted this to be anony and this is probs the most relevant one.
Original post by Anonymous
I just want this to be a space where anyone can add stuff if they relate because it would be nice to know I'm not the only one.
So I'm someone who's in secondary, going yr 11 in Sep and usually during the summer I feel lonely but recently I've really been feeling bored, sad and lonely. I feel like I have no energy to work, I wake up late, do stuff slowly and the days seem to be flying way to quick to handle and I wish I was having fun in the summer whilst everyone else is. None of my friends are making plans to meet up because some are on holiday so the group doesn't want to meet up but I don't get why we can't because some pairs go out without the rest on the last days of terms for example. And then the rest of my friends don't seem like an option to meet up with because of bad influences etc. Also nobody texts me first so I feel forgetten and I wish I had someone to go out with who's just decent and initaited it or I wish I just felt happier. I can't rlly go out on my own cause I wouldn't enjoy and it's just not it for me. Year 10 felt tough and I didn't really enjoy it and I'm almost dreading Year 11 and I just feel unhappy because there's nothing to do.
Please don't say anything mean because it'd hurt me even more but if it's helpful advice feel free to add and if anyone else relates pls lmk.
If u want add tips for Year 11 and if you think you should revise in the summer.
Also I chose this forum because I wanted this to be anony and this is probs the most relevant one.

Ok I’m 18 and I’m also going to Uni this year. My days feel exactly like yours but I try to take a walk or two during the week, I’ve also been trying to get my body in shape and focus on something else. It’s def been hard because I don’t live near the little friends I have and when I did, no one would ask me to hangout or message me first, always me messaging other people first. I say don’t be too worried and try not to isolate yourself, if you have good family, hangout with them or favourite cousins. Be kind to yourself because secondary was never easy for me either, Yr 11 will go by fast dw and you have mocks - GCSE coming up, so just take 2 hrs to revise subjects your struggling and sum up the one your doing good in. Take it a day at a time, school isn’t for everyone. I also recommend past papers for revision. Have a good one 💌
Reply 2
Ok I’m 18 and I’m also going to Uni this year. My days feel exactly like yours but I try to take a walk or two during the week, I’ve also been trying to get my body in shape and focus on something else. It’s def been hard because I don’t live near the little friends I have and when I did, no one would ask me to hangout or message me first, always me messaging other people first. I say don’t be too worried and try not to isolate yourself, if you have good family, hangout with them or favourite cousins. Be kind to yourself because secondary was never easy for me either, Yr 11 will go by fast dw and you have mocks - GCSE coming up, so just take 2 hrs to revise subjects your struggling and sum up the one your doing good in. Take it a day at a time, school isn’t for everyone. I also recommend past papers for revision. Have a good one 💌

Tysm for the reply I wasn't rlly expecting one, I'll try take some walks and do at least some revision. Hope uni goes amazingly for you <3
Tysm for the reply I wasn't rlly expecting one, I'll try take some walks and do at least some revision. Hope uni goes amazingly for you <3

And I hope Yr 11 goes amazing for you too 💌
Original post by Anonymous #1

I literally completely relate in the summer when 1 of my friends are away in the summer my friends do absolutely nothing because she and I are the only ones who ask to do anything and I'm scared the other friends say no which they normally do if it's just me - I was just scrolling through posts right now because I'm bored, so sorry for the random timing. Good luck this year. well done for actually revising in the summer I literally haven't started now and I really need to because I wanna get into a new sixth form and make new friends to stop being lonely all the time baha. I guess you just have to accept the loneliness for now or try make friends at clubs I don't know or online
Original post by Anonymous #1

I can't really remeber what my summer was like in year 10 but i will say that my summer in year 11 was the best in terms of friends as everyone didn't care about school and less stressed out. There are always going to be times when you feel unwanted or alone, i get that, i'm in yr13 and i experience it alot. All i'm going to say is that this is an opportunity to work on yourself, as cliche as that sounds. Find the joy in not feeling alone when you are alone if that makes sense. Take up new hobbies, learn a language, write in a diary, read a book, research abt ur future.
I didn't revise in the summer for year11, the earliest i started revising for my GCSEs was January for maths and then the rest of the subjects were a month before. Don't take this as a sign not to revise tho, just try your best. Getting into a good revsion method going will also help during Alevels.
Also, your friends don't sound that great if none of them are bothering to interact with you. My friends were often busy but that didn't stop us from having half our group hanging out. Try talking to more people, whether that be on games or social media - enter groupchats. If there are any clubs, join them. Around my area there were some job advertisments for 14+, see if you have anything similar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending