The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams May Half Term Holiday

Hi,
My family has booked to go away on holiday during the may half term of 2022 which is unfortunately when I have to sit my GCSE's. I am very worried about revision for my exams and have tried to explain the situation to them that it's a bad idea to go away however they don't really understand and say it will be good to have a break and have still booked to go away and I don't really know what to do. I find it hard to revise at the best of times so I don't know what I am going to do.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
it really isn't a good idea AT ALL to go on holiday right befoe gcses. tell your family to rebook the holiday for a different time (maybe summer?) or that they can go without you
i get that they want to have fun and go on holiday, but it would be so much better if they waited until after you finish your exams
Original post by riannak
it really isn't a good idea AT ALL to go on holiday right befoe gcses. tell your family to rebook the holiday for a different time (maybe summer?) or that they can go without you
i get that they want to have fun and go on holiday, but it would be so much better if they waited until after you finish your exams

Hi
I should probably point out that all of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc… are all going as well it’s like a really big family gathering thing) so no one to stay at home with and not very easy to change the dates to the summer unfortunately. I was also told my my friend that the exams finished before the may half term so didn’t realise it was right in the middle of them until a few days ago when I found out it went onto the other side of the half term as well. I’m still really torn on what to do, if I can do anything at all.
Original post by tomrawlinson01
Hi
I should probably point out that all of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc… are all going as well it’s like a really big family gathering thing) so no one to stay at home with and not very easy to change the dates to the summer unfortunately. I was also told my my friend that the exams finished before the may half term so didn’t realise it was right in the middle of them until a few days ago when I found out it went onto the other side of the half term as well. I’m still really torn on what to do, if I can do anything at all.

The GCSE timetable has been available- why didn't you check with school? Exams have NEVER finished before May half-term.
Reply 4
Hi

would it not be possible for you to stay at home by yourself?
Original post by riannak
would it not be possible for you to stay at home by yourself?

Unfortunately not my parents wouldn't ever let me do that - I even had to go into school during the lockdown as a child of a key worker.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,
My family has booked to go away on holiday during the may half term of 2022 which is unfortunately when I have to sit my GCSE's. I am very worried about revision for my exams and have tried to explain the situation to them that it's a bad idea to go away however they don't really understand and say it will be good to have a break and have still booked to go away and I don't really know what to do. I find it hard to revise at the best of times so I don't know what I am going to do.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi.. i'm in the exact same situation right now .. how did you work this out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending