Reply 1
jack wills and style dont go in the same sentence
Reply 2
No ****ing way
Reply 3
Ross_j

lol

Nah I do like the preppy look a lot (there's been like a million threads on it recently :confused:)
Reply 4
Ross_j

got it in one
Ross_j

awww tad mean, so okay if you go out dressed head to foot in the polo, the knitwear, the tweed, the legwarmers and the scarves you may look like a little bit of a wannabee twit but they have some gorgeous clothing and as long as you can put an outfit together and use your own sense of style there's nothing wrong with their clothing- although I'm personally glad they no longer do the trackie bums with JACK WILLS written along the bum :s-smilie:

Anyway I'd choose JW over a million other scruffy looking styles any day:p:
Reply 6
sleepy_person!
but they have some gorgeous clothing

no
Reply 7
Ross_j
no

uum yes they do. The Jumpers from there are fantastic.People have something against Jack Wills mainly because of the stereotypical people who wear it and how they put it all together. There are a lot of people who wear it moderation so it doesnt look tacky. Even so , I dont think its so much the clothes people don't like as the people "typically":rolleyes: in them.
Meh if you want to look like a wannabe rah wear Jack Wills!
Reply 9
as opposed to real Rahs who wear....what?
Reply 10
who is Jack Wills ?
Reply 11
Jack Wills is the grandfather of the current Managing Director.
jack wills sounds like a **** to me
What is this look? Post pics
abrp
as opposed to real Rahs who wear....what?

Ralph Lauren darrrrling don't you know:p:

As for pictures- look on the JW website the models are the definition of English prep.

And Ross I think it's a bit of a sweeping generalisation just to say JW clothes are bad full stop. I'm sure I could find a good few things about the clothes you wear that I don't like- fashion is down to personal taste.

I do think however that the all out sloane rangers have somewhat ruined the Jack Wills label for many because the gorgeous knits have now become synonymous with bitchy rah personalities, you just have to look at all the JW hate groups on facebook to realise that. It doesn't change the fact though that their clothing is beautiful, well cut and of a very high quality. Like others have said it's the lifestyle that's hated really, not the garments.
Reply 15
sleepy_person!
Ralph Lauren darrrrling don't you know:p:

As for pictures- look on the JW website the models are the definition of English prep.

And Ross I think it's a bit of a sweeping generalisation just to say JW clothes are bad full stop. I'm sure I could find a good few things about the clothes you wear that I don't like- fashion is down to personal taste.

I do think however that the all out sloane rangers have somewhat ruined the Jack Wills label for many because the gorgeous knits have now become synonymous with bitchy rah personalities, you just have to look at all the JW hate groups on facebook to realise that. It doesn't change the fact though that their clothing is beautiful, well cut and of a very high quality. Like others have said it's the lifestyle that's hated really, not the garments.

im sure you wouldnt like all/some of my clothes and im not asking you to, but nobody could ever so that i follow trends and fads, or dont have any personal style. a brand like jack wills produces clothes which are basically uniform (this isnt unique at all, but its just something which pisses me off like the current emo/indie fad), it lacks ANY creativity or originality and is very boring. apart from that its great.
Reply 16

there you go.

TBH if you're gonna dress top to toe in the one brand then there's a style gene missing. I quite like Jack Wills type clothing, but I don't wear it much. I do have a gilet tho.
Thanks.
So what is to hate? They're just outdoorsy clothes.
Reply 18
thatsjustit
Thanks.
So what is to hate? They're just outdoorsy clothes.
I think its the people who wear it, lol :biggrin: . Kinda like loathing chavs and chav clothing, it's the same at the other end of the spectrum.
people dont liek it because rich chavs wear them trying to escape from the working class and public school kids wear them whose parents pay for everything. Its not that they look bad, its jsut we dont like the people associated with them :smile:

Huge generalisation here.... personally I love everyone.

Latest