The Student Room Group

Aqa law, pre-trial procedures

Hi, I need someone to just give me the basic steps of what happens pre-trial (in order) in a summary, either-way and indictable offence, thank youu!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I really need to know this too!
High hhh he
Summary offences- the D will have their first appearance in the magistrates court where the court clerk will start proceedings by reading aloud the D's name,address,dob and the charges against the D! The D will then be asked to enter a plea- if they plead guilty then the case can be heard on first appearance but it is often adjourned to allow the D to seek legal advice! On the contrary, if the D pleads not guilty then it is almost a certainty that the case will be adjourned so the crown prosecution service can have more time to gather witness statements and evidence to increase the likelihood of a "guilty" verdict! If this is the case, then the D may be granted bail until the next stage of the case! Eventually,the case will be heard by 3 lay magistrates or 1 district judge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending