The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics 4MA0 4H - 4th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

What did people get for the last question??? I got x=4 y=2 or x=-4 y=6 but I'd don't think you were supposed to get two different answers ?? Because I got my answers from putting the question into the brackets (5x-20)(x-4)
Original post by dangerdanger
the co-ordinates i got (0,5) (-4,37) what did people get for the vectors question? did you add them?

oh i got the wrong answer do you remeber what you differentiated?
For the hexagon quesstions did every get that It's (n-2) x 180 which gives 720. Then minus the angles you're given then divide by two to give 142???
the co-ordinates i got (0,5) (-4,37) what did people get for the vectors question? did you add them?

7 on the top and then -4 beneath or something like that i can't remeber exactly but you had to reverse DC
It was (0,5)
Yeah that's right

Yeah you're supposed to add them. The answer was 7 on the top and -4 on the bottom.
Original post by Cressybryant
What did people get for the last question??? I got x=4 y=2 or x=-4 y=6 but I'd don't think you were supposed to get two different answers ?? Because I got my answers from putting the question into the brackets (5x-20)(x-4)

It was only one answer, x=4 and y=2. When you factorise the quadratic you should have got (x-4)(x-4)
Original post by hashman
oh i got the wrong answer do you remeber what you differentiated?

3x + 12x

or 3x -12x

not sure
Original post by AvKar
How did everyone find itttttt

Really happy that 4H was much easier than 3H! The balance has been restored now. Grade boundaries won't change that much. I'm guessing A* is 80 ish. Maybe 79 but really it should be quite high I felt.
(That's my boundary prediction for both papers by the way.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 350
Original post by stableintegral
Really happy that 4H was much easier than 3H! The balance has been restored now. Grade boundaries won't change that much. I'm guessing A* is 80 ish. Maybe 79 but really it should be quite high I felt.
(That's my boundary prediction for both papers by the way.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, definitely a bit more confident about an A* but we will see!! I think they will be high 70s too so let's hope they go in our favour 🙏
will i still get some marks for putting x=4 and y=2 in my answer?
Anyone know when the exam board releases the grade boundaries online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MancFord7
What do you guys think you got?

100 percent lool
Original post by Lola1244
also how many marks would you lose if you put -2 and -4 along with 4 and 2

one because that's wrong

-2 is not equal to 10 - - 4
Original post by Cressybryant

(5x-20) = 0

x=4

(x-4) = 0

x= 4

so....ur wrong its only one answer whih is x = 4, y = 2
What did you guys put for the probablity question?
Reply 357
Original post by sweetsss
What did you guys put for the probablity question?

I think I put 8/15

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are y'all predicting for grade boundaries?
I'd say 85 A*. 72 A. 60 B. 54. C.
I know these are quite high but i thought the paper was really good and (judging from the unofficial mark scheme) I got 87 :smile: what are your feelings?
Where can I find an unofficial mark scheme? can't find one anywhere!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending