The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics 4MA0 4H - 4th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xphoenix
saying that, If that question came up in IGCSE, I would have killed it, and wouldn't really be worrying whether I got an A* or not if that was the hardest question...
YESSS this year's 3H went REALLY bad for me ... hopefully I made up for it in 4H because I'm pretty sure I got 90+% in that one. Seriously I'm so worried I haven't got an * ugh
(edited 8 years ago)
does anyone know ehre the unofficial mark scheme for 3h is
what was question 10
Original post by maryb123
what was question 10

No idea, what was the question?
Realistically, loads of people say 4H went really well, (personally I screwed up a bit in parts) but it was definately on the easier side of past papers. Luckily 3H was just harder. Expect grade boundary to be on the mean 80-82 A* 65A 48B 26C
But do the rest of you think 166-173 out of 200 will be enough for an A*?
Guys do you think 84/85 will be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Guys do you think 84/85 will be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we would be very unlucky to not get an A* with a grade around there. It takes two easy papers to be above82 normally
Original post by FrogSpawn
What are y'all predicting for grade boundaries?
I'd say 85 A*. 72 A. 60 B. 54. C.
I know these are quite high but i thought the paper was really good and (judging from the unofficial mark scheme) I got 87 :smile: what are your feelings?

I really hope they're not that high! Usually for maths and english there are 20% gaps between the grade bounderies, and they're never far off: 82-85% A*, 61-65% A, 42-46% B, 25-29% C.. I've been getting Bs all year and I've never got more than 55%

Here are the outlines of grade bounderies for previous years: http://www.markfitzsimons.com/maths/igcse/IGCSE_Grade_Boundaries_May_2004_Jan_2014.pdf
It hasn't been 85 since 2009, these were just as hard as say the 2013 paper which was 82 or the 2014 which was 80. I said before I got 95 in the 2013 paper, I'm getting around 85 now...yes a couple of silly mistakes but an A* really shouldn't be above 82
No idea how to do a poll but can people say on a scale of 1 to 5 how they found each paper. 1 being much harder than usual. 5 being much easier than usual. Try to predict your grades for both. Eg. If you normally get A*'s then 75 on paper 1 would be (1) much harder thancusual
Original post by Ewarwoowa
No idea how to do a poll but can people say on a scale of 1 to 5 how they found each paper. 1 being much harder than usual. 5 being much easier than usual. Try to predict your grades for both. Eg. If you normally get A*'s then 75 on paper 1 would be (1) much harder thancusual

5,, easy exam, just had to think a lot
Original post by Neymar27
5,, easy exam, just had to think a lot

3H as well?
I'm really worried the A* will be higher than 84, but on the other hand it shouldn't be because June 2014 was considerably easier than this and that was 80 for an A*

I think because the 4H was easier everyone is forgetting how hard 3H was, I really doubt it will be higher than 82

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes 4H was simple, but so was 3H? Just as simple people are being disillusioned.but most past papers are simple! This was nothing special guys! 79-83 A*
Ca anyone send me link the 3H unofficial mark scheme please?
Yes 4H was simple, but so was 3H? Just as simple people are being disillusioned.but most past papers are simple! This was nothing special guys! 79-83 A*

Lol assuming you got 100% on 3H?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Lol assuming you got 100% on 3H?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahah no ofc not but looking back I know I could have got 100% if I hadnt rushed or made silly mistakes. I knew how to do everything. In 4H it's the same but only for about 95% of it. Yet in both I make silly mistakes and rushing errors which puts me on around 85 for both
Ahah no ofc not but looking back I know I could have got 100% if I hadnt rushed or made silly mistakes. I knew how to do everything. In 4H it's the same but only for about 95% of it. Yet in both I make silly mistakes and rushing errors which puts me on around 85 for both

I made a lot of silly mistakes in 3H due to the fact that I didn't understand the questions at first so I didn't even read them properly .... it went so much better in 4H when I just stayed calm and read the question properly. My guess would be and A* is 80%
Original post by Foji
No idea, i did the hannahs sweets and the stem and leaf exam. Is that gcse or igcse lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE for sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending