The Student Room Group

Roller coaster crash at Alton Towers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by blackened_sky
To be fair, on the flip side, I've seen a lot of people on twitter saying things along the lines of "It better still be open cause I'm going" and "I'm still going on The Smiler", I know it's a 1 in a million sort of incident, but christ, the lack of compassion is frightening.

I couldn't believe the amount of people tweeting the parks official twitter account criticising the closure of the particular area of the park!
Original post by KittyAnneR
Okay. I have been told by a source who works in a&e, that all 4 of the reported teens have lost one or both of their legs. NO Fatalities

With breaking news like this you should work for Fox News.
Original post by Wilfred Little
With breaking news like this you should work for Fox News.

Oh **** off. This wasn't breaking news and I never claimed it was. I said MY FRIEND told me. I am aware that's not fact, it's anecdote. Anyway, this incident is horrendous.
Original post by Joeyyy-
I couldn't believe the amount of people tweeting the parks official twitter account criticising the closure of the particular area of the park!

4 people's lives could be ruined and they just care about getting their moneys worth. :facepalm2:
The only breaking News I claimed was the original article. The rest I have clearly stated I think (and hope) they are rumours. Love to all those involved and affected by this horrible incident :frown:
Christ if they have to have something amputated that's awful :sad:
My heart goes out to them, how devastating x
The only breaking News I claimed was the original article. The rest I have clearly stated I think (and hope) they are rumours. Love to all those involved and affected by this horrible incident :frown:

It was just funny how your posts kind of unfolded. I'm only playing with you.
Original post by blackened_sky
4 people's lives could be ruined and they just care about getting their moneys worth. :facepalm2:

the uk is one of the most selfish countries on the planet and the people within it are too dopey to help one another, why is this a surprise? we dont have enough shame as a collective unit anyway to care for others so after a week everyone will forget and say yolo smiley.
Original post by Mackay
Witnesses have told BBC News that there was 'blood everywhere' following the collision.

ahhhhh stopppppppppppp :frown: I'm terrified what if I go thorpe park or something and saw decides to malfunction right when it's at the top ahhh the horror
Original post by Wilfred Little
It was just funny how your posts kind of unfolded. I'm only playing with you.

I HATE Fox News so it hit a nerve haha. I didn't mean for it to appear that way. My A&E source is pretty reliable though still. He tells me that the fatality thing was in fact a rumour. It's just so scary and shocking because I nearly went there today.
Reply 51
Original post by KingdomOfTheLord
ahhhhh stopppppppppppp :frown: I'm terrified what if I go thorpe park or something and saw decides to malfunction right when it's at the top ahhh the horror

As I said in an earlier post, millions of people ride hundreds of thousands of roller coasters each day without incident.

This is the biggest disaster of its kind in this country in 20 years. You are two times more likely to be hit by lightening.
Original post by Joeyyy-
As I said in an earlier post, millions of people ride hundreds of thousands of roller coasters each day without incident.

This is the biggest disaster of its kind in this country in 20 years. You are two times more likely to be hit by lightening.

I guess that's why things like this are so terrifying, because they're very rare.
Reply 53
I guess that's why things like this are so terrifying, because they're very rare.

It is just like having a fear of flying.
This will only add to my fear of roller coasters. I will never go on one.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This will only add to my fear of roller coasters. I will never go on one.

I'm still gonna go there tomorrow
I'm still gonna go there tomorrow

I don't like feeling trapped. :afraid:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don't like feeling trapped. :afraid:

Don't you feel trapped in a plane or train?
Holy ****! Apparently they're still trapped there after 4 hours? :frown:
Original post by Joeyyy-

What makes you think this is the biggest disaster in 20 years?

There has been deaths due to ride incidents since then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending