The Student Room Group

Cardiff Sixth Form College AMA

Hello! I am currently a Year 13 student at Cardiff Sixth Form College. I will answer any questions you have, which can be anything.
Looking back, I wish I had honest reviews about this school because Cardiff Sixth Form College did not turn out quite as expected, so feel free to ask anything! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
how different is sixth form college from a sixth form that is part of a school?
Original post by ThePulse
Hello! I am currently a Year 13 student at Cardiff Sixth Form College. I will answer any questions you have, which can be anything.
Looking back, I wish I had honest reviews about this school because Cardiff Sixth Form College did not turn out quite as expected, so feel free to ask anything! :smile:

Hello I just got an offer from CSFC a few days ago. I was allocated to the Cambridge campus cuz there aren’t any places left in Cardiff campus. Have you heard anything about the Cambridge campus and was it the same as Cardiff campus? Thank you for your timeee 🙏

Hi :smile: I’m in the middle of the application process and I have my entrance exams soon. I was wondering if there is anything I can specifically do to prepare for them. My choices are English literature, Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Also I’m applying on scholarship, so is there much difference between the regular entrance exams and the scholarships ones ?

I’m also kinda curious as to what it’s like studying there. You said it wasn’t how you expected, do you mind if I ask why ? :smile:
hi! may i know if there are tests every week for each subject, i heard some schools do that
Reply 5
Original post by dingerooputi
hi! may i know if there are tests every week for each subject, i heard some schools do that

Nope ! We get a homework per subject every 2 weeks and 3 mocks during the year but that’s it when it comes to exams and tests xx
Reply 6

I'm a year 11 student applying for a scholarship, however while filling out the form I saw that they ask for, gcse subject, grade and date taken. My problem with this is that I have only done my year 10 exams and haven't done any exams for other gcses like French so I'm confused, do I put my predicted grades and future exams? Does anyone have any advice?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ashley142
Nope ! We get a homework per subject every 2 weeks and 3 mocks during the year but that’s it when it comes to exams and tests xx

hi, I'm going to be studying csfc cardiff campus this year fall. Is there anything for me to prepare? How's class, and how are the teachers there? I'm just concerned in the teaching part.
Reply 8
Original post by cindyyyyyy
hi, I'm going to be studying csfc cardiff campus this year fall. Is there anything for me to prepare? How's class, and how are the teachers there? I'm just concerned in the teaching part.

I’d say enjoy your summer while it lasts, because it’ll be a lot of hard work (but a lot of fun too xx).
If you’re taking subjects like eng lit. Make sure to read the novel before arriving (not the play), or at least have read the first quarter.
There’s not really much you can do to prepare, I know it’s irritating to hear, but it’s the truth. My advice is mostly to take it easy enough up till the first mocks and then start gradually upping revision, but always have self-care days!!! :smile:))

The classes are really good in my opinion. In my chem and maths classes, it’s very head down, study and ask relevant questions ( which is good ). But in my biology and English lit classes it’s a lot like a mini-community where we discuss things and ask lots of questions, especially in lit ( which is also good ).

The teachers are good!! I’ve had a good experience so far, and they’ve all been very receptive to different teaching styles. + anything you don’t understand in class, you can clarify after class or go to drop-in sessions! Hopefully that has reassured you xx

Overall, I love it here. As I said, it’s a lot of hard work and an absolute roller-coaster. But there are a lot of clubs, events and support to have some chill, self-care time.

TLDR -

Not much to prepare for, enjoy your summer.

The classes are either study based, or more discussion, community based. Both styles are good imo!!

The teachers are good + receptive :smile:)

Lots of extracurriculars

Please DM me if you have any more questions!! I’m at Cardiff campus, so I can defo help with anything you’re wondering about xx
Reply 9
Original post by Choch
I'm a year 11 student applying for a scholarship, however while filling out the form I saw that they ask for, gcse subject, grade and date taken. My problem with this is that I have only done my year 10 exams and haven't done any exams for other gcses like French so I'm confused, do I put my predicted grades and future exams? Does anyone have any advice?

What I did was put down “(predicted)” by the GCSE subject names I had 1/2 of or hadn’t taken yet :smile:

Eg -
History (predicted) Grade
Reply 10
Original post by Ashley142
What I did was put down “(predicted)” by the GCSE subject names I had 1/2 of or hadn’t taken yet :smile:

Eg -
History (predicted) Grade

Thank you so much!

Hi, I’m an international student and I’d like to study in CSFC in the future. So I want to know whether the entrance test is hard or not. And how should I prepare for it?
Original post by cindyyyyyy

Good luck, do not have high expectations of the teachers in this college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending