The Student Room Group

Northolt to Mile End

Has anyone got a similar journey that they make between these stations about 3 times a week? If so how do you cope with the long commute? Does it get tiring after a while? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My commute (which I no longer do, I'm graduating in the summer) involved two changes, one at West Croydon and one at Whitechapel. On average it takes me more than an hour to get to uni compared to your 55 minutes according to TfL.

Tiring? Not for me, I like travelling. Sometimes if I'm free I'll take an extra long route back home (I use a discounted student travelcard to commute)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes I do this route every weekend:

image.jpg
Reply 3
Original post by futbol
Yes I do this route every weekend:

image.jpg

Wow yours seems worse than mine! Thanks for making me feel better haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
My commute (which I no longer do, I'm graduating in the summer) involved two changes, one at West Croydon and one at Whitechapel. On average it takes me more than an hour to get to uni compared to your 55 minutes according to TfL.

Tiring? Not for me, I like travelling. Sometimes if I'm free I'll take an extra long route back home (I use a discounted student travelcard to commute)

That's seems like a very long time but I suppose I'm lucky that I don't have to make any change, do you find that you get headaches after long journeys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
That's seems like a very long time but I suppose I'm lucky that I don't have to make any change, do you find that you get headaches after long journeys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The majority of my journey is in air-conditioned trains, so I don't usually have that problem. You might, though, with the not very well ventilated Central Line trains (especially when it's hot outside)
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
The majority of my journey is in air-conditioned trains, so I don't usually have that problem. You might, though, with the not very well ventilated Central Line trains (especially when it's hot outside)

Yes that is my main concern really. I can take an overground train from Ruislip station but that will mean switching one station before I reach Mile End. It'll probably take an extra 10-15mins because I think in terms of speed the central line travels the fastest but it'll be worth not having the headaches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
Yes that is my main concern really. I can take an overground train from Ruislip station but that will mean switching one station before I reach Mile End. It'll probably take an extra 10-15mins because I think in terms of speed the central line travels the fastest but it'll be worth not having the headaches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
I'm not far from you. I do Ealing to Bloomsbury each day and it's not too bad. Sometimes knackering but all in all it's not too bad.

I'm also on central line too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending