The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Religious Studies (Unit 3) Question predictions?

Scroll to see replies

I'm avoiding Life after death and concentrating on religious language
Original post by cruciverbalist
do you think youll be prepared by wednesday

I really do hope so :l
Original post by alconnow
I really do hope so :l

i got ontological argument to learn, how long do you think it will take me to learn it
Is it guaranteed that ontological will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any notes?!
Original post by ChloeLin
Does anyone have any notes?!

Religious Language Notes: http://jakedoesrevision.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a2-religious-studies-religious-language.html

For the Ontological Argument i'd read: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Revision:The_Ontological_Argument

For Deontology: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Revision:Kantian_Ethics

Basically, TSR has some great notes on the majority of subjects within this paper. Good Luck :smile:
Just Check out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Philosophy_Revision_Notes
Original post by LoveEnglishDick
Is it guaranteed that ontological will come up?

Whilst the Ontological Argument has come up alone each time, its not guaranteed. They are allowed to merge it with another topic studied.
rooting for religious language, atheism and natural moral law 😎:cool:
Reply 28
which questions definitely come up on the religous studies a2 paper for edexcel?
are the following theories mandatory: natural moral law, virtue ethics and deontology in any order that the examiners wish? is revising critiques of religion and morality mandatory?
There isnt really a topic that will definitely come up alone, However in 4 of the past 5 years there has been a question on Deontology and every year there has been a question on Natural Moral Law.

I wouldn't prioritise Religion and Morality revision as they don't tend to include it every year.
I think strengths of Ontological is quite likely
Original post by UnoriginalG
Whilst the Ontological Argument has come up alone each time, its not guaranteed. They are allowed to merge it with another topic studied.

Hiya, but when it is merged, it can be answered in isolation from the other topic, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by memoona123456
I think strengths of Ontological is quite likely

How do you mean? Could you pose an example question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you mean? Could you pose an example question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Examine the strengths of the OA for the existence of God
Hiya, but when it is merged, it can be answered in isolation from the other topic, right?

Well if the question was "Examine the ways in which the OA attempts to prove to the atheist that God exists" to achieve a decent mark for this question you'd have to relate everything you know about the OA to the study of atheism and form your answer around the question.
Examine the strengths of the OA for the existence of God

I really wouldn't know how to answer that question. So, obviously, it's a priori and that's a strength. Universal definition also a strength. Doesn't rely on empirical evidence also a strength. But would you mention also mention the philosophers theories that are in support of the argument, like Anselm, Descartes, Alvin and Malcolm?

Please reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really wouldn't know how to answer that question. So, obviously, it's a priori and that's a strength. Universal definition also a strength. Doesn't rely on empirical evidence also a strength. But would you mention also mention the philosophers theories that are in support of the argument, like Anselm, Descartes, Alvin and Malcolm?

Please reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It holds out the hope of a proof
Its starting point is valid for both believer and atheist
it is an intellectually stimulating argument that continues to be studied and debated

I wouldnt really talk about any of the people, just why its a strong argument
it is an intellectually stimulating argument that continues to be studied and debated

But how can you write about strengths for about 3 - 4 pages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, are you predicting this for (ii) or (i). I'm really panicking now because I need to learn the strengths :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
For part A - I could be totally wrong though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending