The Student Room Group
Reply 1
can they even ask you that? Its such an open ended answer! It will be talking about yourself overall, and how to some yourself up? Maybe asking your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses and also try and relate everything your talking about to the course :smile:

But i really doubt they would ask you that Qs though? Really tough Qs...
Reply 2
Try your ambitions and add a joke in there to lighten up the mood.
Reply 3
that's the whole point. they do that to see what you'd say. it's a true judgement on who you are.

Some might interpet the question as looking for some information on them and the subject they've chose. Quite a few people will think they want to know about hobbies and interests.

I know someone who talked about his life, as in how he only came to the country 3 years ago, etc etc..(still got a place btw)

I personally spoke about my hobbies, then related them back to my course (english). so that worked out kinda well for me

But that's the interviewer's aim with that question, he wants to see the way your mind interprets the question. So thereis no right or wrong answer, just yourself. So be yourself, they'll see straight through you if you try and be fake.

Vith
Reply 4
"tell us about yourself?"

i've never heard such a question that manages to somehow patronise the person asking it.
I'd personally talk about the subjects I was studying and why I enjoyed them as well as my hobbies/interests and strengths and how they made me suitable for tbhe course I applied for.

Latest

Trending

Trending