The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Statistics unit 1 Higher Tier June 2015 - 18th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neza99
for the amount of threes over 340 what did you guys do. i remember doing something like 60/100 * 20. because 20 was the frequency of 300 to 400

It was 32 for the final answer because you had to do:

60*0.2 = 12
200*0.08 = 16
200*0.02 = 4

12+16+4 = 32
Original post by TJ154
I got 28 for the interpercentile range and 0.883 for spearmans rank
Failed the pie chart was lost on that one

Yea I got 0.883 as well :biggrin:
I found it really hard. I hadn't learnt a lot of it, I just want to know what I got!
Original post by Turtlebunny
You should've squared 1.48 for the pie chart.
1.48 was the length scale factor, so you had to square it and then multiply it by the population of people who had apprenticeships to get your final answer :P

Yeah, I realised that after I left the room :tongue: I tried to get my scribe to let me edit it but I couldn't :frown:
Original post by Brookejazzy
I found it really hard. I hadn't learnt a lot of it, I just want to know what I got!

You'll do fine! Try to keep positive about it or you will kill yourself over it until results day :smile:
Original post by Bobrocket
Yeah, I realised that after I left the room :tongue: I tried to get my scribe to let me edit it but I couldn't :frown:

I'm sure you'll either get 1 or 2 out of three, good luck though, sounds like you did pretty well on most of the other questions!
I'm sure you'll either get 1 or 2 out of three, good luck though, sounds like you did pretty well on most of the other questions!

Good luck to you too - if I did well, you did even better! :smile:
Reply 27
You should've squared 1.48 for the pie chart.
1.48 was the length scale factor, so you had to square it and then multiply it by the population of people who had apprenticeships to get your final answer :P

so wasn't 333,000?
Good luck to you too - if I did well, you did even better! :smile:

Haha thanks. What do you think the grade boundaries will be ?
Reply 29
It was 32 for the final answer because you had to do:

60*0.2 = 12
200*0.08 = 16
200*0.02 = 4

12+16+4 = 32

yea i got 32 as a overall but i did different method than you did.
i did 60/100*20 = 12
then the rest same thing as you did.
Original post by neza99
so wasn't 333,000?

No, it would be ((3.7 / 2.5) ^ 2) * 225000 which is 492840
Original post by neza99
yea i got 32 as a overall but i did different method than you did.
i did 60/100*20 = 12
then the rest same thing as you did.

Yea you can do that method as well, it's almost like stratified sampling which can be done two ways :P

BTW whatcha all get for stratified sampling ?
Haha thanks. What do you think the grade boundaries will be ?

I felt like this paper was slightly easier than the 2014 paper, so I personally am guessing 88-89 for an A* in this year's paper. Maybe a 36/37 to pass (these are just marks for the paper itself, no idea about the controlled assessment)

I reckon overall you'd need a 16 + 88 (CA/paper) for an A*, and an 8 + 37 for a C. Don't quote me on it (unless it really is the boundaries)
Reply 33
No, it would be ((3.7 / 2.5) ^ 2) * 225000 which is 492840

it said right digits then it wrote thousand so it was like this in the answer box

________ Thousand
so how would you write that?
Yea you can do that method as well, it's almost like stratified sampling which can be done two ways :P

BTW whatcha all get for stratified sampling ?

I got something like 40.851 male managers, but of course you can't have 40.851 people so in the end I got 41. Not sure if I did it right though! I just sort of fiddled around with formulae until I felt I had something which was reasonably accurate.
Original post by neza99
it said right digits then it wrote thousand so it was like this in the answer box

________ Thousand

492.84 OR indicate somewhere that you are rounding to the nearest thousand and write 493
Original post by neza99

________ Thousand

Are you sure those were the right values for the radius ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
What did you guys do for the tree diagram question?
for the first q, idid probabilty of her jumping * him jumping
second q, i forgot :P
Original post by neza99

________ Thousand

Nvm I did get that you confused me with the thousands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Are you sure those were the right values for the radius ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot the values of the radius i just know that the bigger one is 1.48x bigger than the smaller one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending