The Student Room Group

How often do you hear police sirens?

Cause I just moved into Norwich city centre and there's a police car with sirens on passing by my window like twice a day... I've only been here for a week though, so I don't know if it's always like this...

Do you hear them often where you live?

Scroll to see replies

I never hear them.
Every two hours
P.S I live in central London so yeah :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
When I'm at home, very rarely.
At school, quite often since there's a police station nearby.
When I'm in Birmingham, allll the time haha
I live in a white area, so not that often
i live right by the prison in preston and near a main road so tend to hear either an ambulance or police siren every couple of days
Hardly ever in Surrey but when I'm in London occasionally
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I can't even remember the last time I heard sirens or saw a the police.
Reply 8
not often
Reply 9
Aaaaall the time :unimpressed:
Recently I don't know what happened I would say the passed couple of years, we've heard a lot more police and ambulance sirens for some reason. We live in a good area as well so?!?
A daily occurance
Cause eaat london is full with crime :frown:
All the time because I stay across the road from my local police station and a main road so there's always police and ambulance sirens going off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never hear them. Tbh I never hear anything in this neighbourhood... it's too quiet.
I live in London and I hear sirens all the time. Especially at night. I swear I hear like 7 sirens in one night.
Reply 15
All the time. Even helicopters and all. (Though that could be cause a lot of police searches happen here in N.I?)
quite alot actaully, and helicopters every now and again lol.
After a while though, I think you gone deaf to them..
I hear police siren right now :laugh: and a helicopter too :teehee: As I live almost in Central London, I hear a lot of sirens :colone:
I hear them quite often. I think they shouldn't sound the police alarms until the police car is relatively close to its destination- they cause unnecessary noise.

Original post by jedanselemyia
When I'm at home, very rarely.
At school, quite often since there's a police station nearby.
When I'm in Birmingham, allll the time haha

I thought you live in France?
Original post by driftawaay
Cause I just moved into Norwich city centre and there's a police car with sirens on passing by my window like twice a day... I've only been here for a week though, so I don't know if it's always like this...

Do you hear them often where you live?

Not that often at home (East Northamptonshire)

Virtually all the time at university (Leicester, De Montfort University)

Quick Reply

Latest