The Student Room Group

Police Now National Detective Programme 2022/23

Hi everyone I recently applied for the Police Now National Detective Programme for the March 2023 intake.

So far I have completed the initial application, and just found out today that I have passed the online assessment meaning the next stage is the assessment centre.

Firstly I wanted to ask if anyone who has done this before has any advice on how to best approach the assessment centre, and also what I can expect to do whilst I am there. Also if anyone else has applied for the programme, it would be great to hear your thoughts and feedback if you’re also doing this intake! Good way to start meeting new faces and hopefully meet some future colleagues.
Congratulations on getting through to the next stage! I’ve just recently started my application and finished my online assessment a week and a half ago. How long after you completed your online assessment did you hear back from them?
Original post by Lucyrichards18
Congratulations on getting through to the next stage! I’ve just recently started my application and finished my online assessment a week and a half ago. How long after you completed your online assessment did you hear back from them?

Hey, I've also completed my online assessment today and wanted to know how long it took to receive a response from them >? Did you pass?
Hi I'm just applying to this programme but I'm a bit confused. Where it asks which police force I would like to join, why are the options limited? I can only consider London but this is only available as a 'second preference option'.

Would appreciate any help
Reply 4
Hey! congratulations on passing! i recently applied for the Neighbourhood police officer graduate route and have been invited for an assessment online! i am super nervous so not sure what to expect! when are you due to take your assessment? good luck with it and if anyone has any tips please do let us know! :smile:

Original post by y_emil
Hi everyone I recently applied for the Police Now National Detective Programme for the March 2023 intake.

So far I have completed the initial application, and just found out today that I have passed the online assessment meaning the next stage is the assessment centre.

Firstly I wanted to ask if anyone who has done this before has any advice on how to best approach the assessment centre, and also what I can expect to do whilst I am there. Also if anyone else has applied for the programme, it would be great to hear your thoughts and feedback if you’re also doing this intake! Good way to start meeting new faces and hopefully meet some future colleagues.
Original post by SanaK23
Hey! congratulations on passing! i recently applied for the Neighbourhood police officer graduate route and have been invited for an assessment online! i am super nervous so not sure what to expect! when are you due to take your assessment? good luck with it and if anyone has any tips please do let us know! :smile:

I've applied and completed assessment and passed online. My advice is to revise about values their looking for as they ask for video responses. Also spell check your statement when reading witness statements. Sorry for late advice. Have you completed an assessment centre? If so any advice? Cheers.
Reply 6
Original post by y_emil

hi, have you completed the assessment centre test. ive got my online test next week, any tips to help for passing. thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest