The Student Room Group

Scared of where I am living

It used to be a nice area but now always problems with police around and they do nothing anyway, but last night was the worst, shouting and there was a loud bang before a car sped away. My parents won't move saying they can't afford to, I'm just so scared that one day one of us will get hurt. This isn't a post asking for advice, more of a rant.
Reply 1
Aww I’m so sorry. This is really relevant for me because my family just got involved in a bad situation recently and my step dad got hurt and nothing was done by the police. I too want to move but we can’t afford it. I have often lived in these areas and it is horrible, so many drugs and thefts and fights :frown: If you ever want to rant, I’m right here!
I was wondering how old you are, if you go to school maybe you could talk to a counsellor? It might help a little.
Reply 2
Same problem in my area I'm doing my a level exams but I have trouble sleeping because there's always trouble outside and fights we live right near a pub
Reply 3
I hate living in Britain :frown: I want to move back home but we can’t cos of an economic crisis there and it just sucks here
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I hate living in Britain :frown: I want to move back home but we can’t cos of an economic crisis there and it just sucks here

So many parts are now lawless and it is getting worse
I have also noticed that nothing gets done about crime. We need more police on the streets to make us feel safe especially in high crime areas.
Reply 6
More trouble tonight with shouting and fireworks being let off
Reply 7
More trouble tonight with shouting and fireworks being let off

I feel so sorry for you. One tip I have is to sleep with earbuds either gentle music or podcast or white noise or even just nothing to try to block it out. But seriously how hard is it to get more police on the streets! So many people near me do drugs and the police watch them but don’t care!
I feel so sorry for you. One tip I have is to sleep with earbuds either gentle music or podcast or white noise or even just nothing to try to block it out. But seriously how hard is it to get more police on the streets! So many people near me do drugs and the police watch them but don’t care!

Does that really happen with them watching on?
Reply 9
Original post by Kutie Karen
Does that really happen with them watching on?

Yeah, I see people smoking weed etc. what I mean is not directly but police will be there and can smell and see people but do nothing
Yeah, I see people smoking weed etc. what I mean is not directly but police will be there and can smell and see people but do nothing

Tbh v few people give a monkeys at all about smoking weed, police included. Massive waste of their time when you consider more serious crimes.

I suspect if a police force goes around nitpicking every single thing then they find a community that tells them nothing when there is something genuine to be solved
Original post by StriderHort
Tbh v few people give a monkeys at all about smoking weed, police included. Massive waste of their time when you consider more serious crimes.

I suspect if a police force goes around nitpicking every single thing then they find a community that tells them nothing when there is something genuine to be solved

Yeah but then it makes the community smell bad, people who are high don’t act like normal etc.
Yeah but then it makes the community smell bad, people who are high don’t act like normal etc.

Without wanting to be rude, that's your opinion, it must be clear that MILLIONS of UK people like that smell (not to mention worldwide). As for normal, how does it stack up against drunks, class A addicts, the seriously mentally ill and people who are simply disruptive jerks?

Like where I am people care far more about the smell of garbage because our refuse services are a mess, like rot, rats, illness, low funding, problems a community tends to have more in common caring about than wanting the police to hassle every whiff of weed.
Reply 13
I feel so sad reading this.. and I feel as though I can't do anything about it too.
Started ranting about politics and the economic policies which impact us all, but it turned out so long I decided to delete it.
Reply 14
Original post by Manny2023
I feel so sad reading this.. and I feel as though I can't do anything about it too.
Started ranting about politics and the economic policies which impact us all, but it turned out so long I decided to delete it.

i get what you all mean i have that around i feel like there are lots more serious crimes out there but what cant they at least get a local sherif in each community it could help more a police officer allacted to some certain comunities where people can go to it could help. i am one of those people who never liked britian when i asked my parents why we moved its always got to do with eduction. i kid you not education USED to be great in britian but now its just a waste of time. i moved here when i was 7 years old eventhough i was young i still cherish my house in italy like its nothing against britian but its education levels is going down hill these days. you can probably tell if you guys went to my school. we go there from 8 40 to 3 10 and i literally half the time do nothing.
so crime increases but you cant do anything about you can have half the world of police officer but there will always be crime.
thats life i guess.
JF ZAK
Original post by JF ZAK
i get what you all mean i have that around i feel like there are lots more serious crimes out there but what cant they at least get a local sherif in each community it could help more a police officer allacted to some certain comunities where people can go to it could help. i am one of those people who never liked britian when i asked my parents why we moved its always got to do with eduction. i kid you not education USED to be great in britian but now its just a waste of time. i moved here when i was 7 years old eventhough i was young i still cherish my house in italy like its nothing against britian but its education levels is going down hill these days. you can probably tell if you guys went to my school. we go there from 8 40 to 3 10 and i literally half the time do nothing.
so crime increases but you cant do anything about you can have half the world of police officer but there will always be crime.
thats life i guess.
JF ZAK

Same here! My parents say education is better here than my home country but in reality it is so hard. I have been threatened with a knife before by a kid in my class, had boys lift up my skirt on the stairs (I wore it at the required knee length and it still happened!) one guy is in prison now, kids would vape and do drugs in the toilets and I’ve had mean girls threaten to break my kneecaps, throw stuff at me, generally bully me and other kids. This is at an outstanding school in a “good area” btw. Also we don’t have enough teachers (don’t blame them!) and rarely learn stuff cos we are so often interrupted by bad kids messing around! My cousins back home don’t have these problems and I am so jealous!

yes that is true. they need to sort this out as being high creates problems for others and the police should not turn a blind eye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending