The Student Room Group

Is Kanye West the most underrated artist in the world?

Scroll to see replies

I remember when I was younger and I used to think hiphip/rap was all about how deep the lyrics were. Music is more to with evoking emotions and feelings in the listener, the choice of how is up to the artist. So the petty argument of others having better lyrics/pure musical talent therefore are better artists is just simple minded.

Seems like some on here have still discovers as much, even if they can write eloquently.
(edited 8 years ago)
Kanye received his honourary doctorate quite recently to those saying he has 'no education'. And I would say that he's overrated.
Does he paint?
Original post by difeo
As Emily Eavis said it's not a rock-exclusive festival and never has been.

Yes, but it does actually have to be be music.....
Reply 64
Original post by Gerald DGrilla
Yes, but it does actually have to be be music.....

Rap's not music amirite guys lol!

And no, Glastonbury's not just a music festival.
(edited 8 years ago)
Thought he was pretty good at glasto tbh. Was quite near the front so always good but still confused why he decided to call him self the greatest living rock star.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
I like a couple of his songs but most of it is ****.

Don't get the hype.
Original post by difeo
I bet you haven't listened to his albums

I have actually.
And its safe to say, he is ****.
Original post by Emma:-)
I have actually.

kanye is a god among men clearly, stay jelly.
idk but I read he's going to tell Kim what to wear every day while she's pregnant this time, was it his idea to have her wear that travesty of a floral curtain bodysuit thing bc if so he must be stopped
Reply 70
Irrelevant post:

How long yall spent at the mall?
No but I like his sound engineers.
Reply 72
U gotta be kidding me hahahha:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by Emma:-)
I have actually.

21 Grammys
Reply 74
Original post by Mitzy09
U gotta be kidding me hahahha:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

why's that
he's the most overrated artist in the world
Lol, he is many things, but he is not a genius. I don't know what all the fuss is about tbh.
Nope, and he is also a twonk. And to call himself a rockstar when he is a hip hop "artist" is laughable.
Reply 78
anyone who thinks hes trash really needs to seek help. Have you not heard his "My Beautiful Dark twisted Fantasy" album? He discusses racism in such a educated manner its insane how it ties political issues so well in his music. A line from one of his songs that explains is arrogance is here "Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams"
that is from last call.
Original post by MimiUNI
anyone who thinks hes trash really needs to seek help. Have you not heard his "My Beautiful Dark twisted Fantasy" album? He discusses racism in such a educated manner its insane how it ties political issues so well in his music. A line from one of his songs that explains is arrogance is here "Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams"
that is from last call.

I agree. He isn't my thing, but i can't say he's trash. Anyone who says that is just a hater.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest