The Student Room Group

I want to become a makeup artist...

Does anyone know how the best way to become a professional makeup artist. I’d love to do it as I love makeup a lot. Thanks!!
Try starting a YouTube channel of you doing make up tutorials on yourself and other people

that seems to be the way a lot of youtubers went on to become make up artists... or promoters at least
Try and sign up for make up courses and pass them, that'll give you a diploma/certificate that says you can professionally do make up. Then start looking for jobs? E.g. The MAC/Sephora counters, small modeling gigs etc.

Hope this helped!
Hi,I'm from Southend, Essex have a YouTube channel (recently started one) and I have an Instagram account but it seems really hard to get the audience I want or get much attention. My Instagram relates to the 3 best topics I love the most and that is Make up, Fashion and Fitness. How do I grow contacts more in Essex? I love make up but I would love to attend events and get to know other makeup artist and work with them. Any suggestions?
Original post by Hannahlucas__
Does anyone know how the best way to become a professional makeup artist. I’d love to do it as I love makeup a lot. Thanks!!

Hey Hannah, how are you? I am in the process of becoming a makeup artist through London College of Makeup. I stumbled over this ebook on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Become-Successful-Freelance-Makeup-Artist-ebook/dp/B0CXRT3CCR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=216URMKZFK31I&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.a5tUKoCVcrh6ND-9GbWxF1hV4EB57OshiO9DZ4FoA296Ss_Hvvm6JP4qcf2yxx8oA9vF_OxCxo8CZoK73BpmNu4ah1d-JoMS5GVLXBxxDeWlMhvQZs2EnN1IueXK2y0o.it-i63srgxS6fcF-JFHFJq-Dyhkwvy8xj2384GISLyk&dib_tag=se&keywords=how+to+become+a+successful+freelance+makeup+artist&qid=1711093537&sprefix=how+to+become+a+successfull+freelance+makeup+artist%2Caps%2C305&sr=8-1
and it really answered all my questions on how to become a pro makeup artist. It covers all the aspects from education to how to build your kit over how to market yourself to get work. It's really cheap and free if you have Kindle unlimited. I would really recommend giving this a read. Good luck. Cheers!
Hey is you want more insights into the world of working in tv and film as a makeup artist, try this podcast episode with makeup designer Vicky Voller, who shares insights and tips about how to train and work in the role.

https://inside-entertainment-industry-careers.podbean.com/e/makeup-artist-to-prosthetics-the-career-journey-of-vicky-voller/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending