The Student Room Group

The official BTEC results discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by markova21
Does anyone know what happens to all the BTEC Assignments ? Do BTEC themselves or the college keep it all, or are the students given all their work back to keep?

I think it depends, someone here said the college keep them but where I am all the students are to take their work back home. Not sure why a college would store work if it's of no use to them anymore.
Reply 61
Original post by rolierol
How did you know they got your certificate?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a text off the college that mine is ready for collection.
Original post by Nanodae
I think it depends, someone here said the college keep them but where I am all the students are to take their work back home. Not sure why a college would store work if it's of no use to them anymore.

I've just started at a new school as a teacher and I'm still removing coursework from 2003 from my new cupboards. Just to give you an idea of how bad that actually is - I'm 28 and I finished school in 2003. Logic has no place in the keeping of coursework. Only a teachers urge to hoard because it might be useful again in 20 years time.
Why would you want or need your coursework given back to you? I would have to assume all the work was done on a computer anyway. What about the original files?

I have a digital copy of all the coursework I've completed in the last three years, and it only amounts to about 5gb of data. I'd rather keep a hold of that, than a ton of paper.
Reply 64
Original post by dual EMT
Why would you want or need your coursework given back to you? I would have to assume all the work was done on a computer anyway. What about the original files?

I have a digital copy of all the coursework I've completed in the last three years, and it only amounts to about 5gb of data. I'd rather keep a hold of that, than a ton of paper.

Because we were told the college has no use or space to keep them, here we have to print our work out and hand it in, we are not allowed to hand in digital copies unless in emergency. Some work such as posters and storyboards we did by hand so there was no digital copy of those. Keeping our coursework/folders means we have the feedback forms which is nice to have, but main reason I imagine to take work home is to clear space in the college cabinet, our classes work took up the whole shelf.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Rixion
My track has updated to unconditional!:biggrin:

How?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My conditional offer also updated which changed to unconditional.. ~~

It's an automatic process. As soon as UCAS get the details of your qualification it'll update :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by rolierol
My conditional offer also updated which changed to unconditional.. ~~

When did you sign off college?
Reply 69
Changed to unconditional for Bath! :biggrin: signed off college on the 15th of June. So happy!
Reply 70
Original post by ParadoxSocks
It's an automatic process. As soon as UCAS get the details of your qualification it'll update :smile:

I should have been patient. I've had a email from ucas now that my place at my first choice is confirmed :smile:
Original post by dipka
I should have been patient. I've had a email from ucas now that my place at my first choice is confirmed :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 72
I've received my results from my college but my track hasn't been updated? 😓
Reply 73
Original post by Ayatee
I've received my results from my college but my track hasn't been updated? 😓

Wait for a few days. I think for me it was 3 days between getting the certificate and track being updated. Your results have to get to ucas, then to your chosen uni, they need to decide on your application, then tell ucas before ucas can tell you. I would expect you could wait up to a week then try and find out whats happenend if your not told before then. But hope you get some news soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farek0
Hi

i have just completed my level 3 extended diploma in enterprise and entrepreneurship it has 18 modules units

i have achieved

12 distinction
1 pass and 5 merits could someone tell me the overall grade thanks

Dunno if anyone else has answered your question already, but you got D*DD. You can use this website to check for yourself if you want

http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/
Reply 75
Got my certificate in the post D*DD, though I already knew that! So relieved I don't have to wait until results day, my track changed to unconditional last week :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by lisamb
Got my certificate in the post D*DD, though I already knew that! So relieved I don't have to wait until results day, my track changed to unconditional last week :smile:

When did you sign off?
Reply 77
Original post by rkhan57
When did you sign off?

29th of June but I finished the work earlier, I think it depends on how quickly your college sends off exam forms.
Reply 78
Original post by lisamb
29th of June but I finished the work earlier, I think it depends on how quickly your college sends off exam forms.

That is very quick, I signed off 15th June and not heard anything yet about certificates.
Reply 79
Track updated 3 weeks ago for me and I still haven't received my certificate - should I be worried? Finished college on June 24th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending