The Student Room Group

For BTEC IT Level 3 unit 1 exam 12 Jan 2024

Hi, this will be a chatroom relating to unit 1 exam. if you have any questions you can ask me, and we can help eachother :smile:

Also, we can talk about unit 2 exam aswell, with guidance from me aswell.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by UN59637886
Hi, this will be a chatroom relating to unit 1 exam. if you have any questions you can ask me, and we can help eachother :smile:

What topics do you think will come up in the exam
Reply 2
Original post by 4hsxn_
What topics do you think will come up in the exam

I think something about user interfaces will come up, something to do with moral and ethical issues, a question about factors, and a question to do with legislation (like copyright etc) but I'm not 100% sure, so It's best to revise every topic
does anyone has an idea of whats going to come out in the exams
Reply 4
Original post by Big_dave007
does anyone has an idea of whats going to come out in the exams

If you see my comment above, I added some ideas of what might come up

Also When's your unit 1 and 2 exams?

My unit 1 is this Friday
Unit 2 part A next Tuesday and part B next Wednesday
Reply 5
How long is the exam do u know. I’ve been told 2 hours and 3 so I don’t know which is true
Reply 6
how long is thea
Reply 7
Original post by Hmmmmmmkk
How long is the exam do u know. I’ve been told 2 hours and 3 so I don’t know which is true

Unit 1 is 2 hours

Unit 2 is 5 hours, 3 hours Part A, 2 hours part B
Reply 8
Original post by Hmmmmmmkk
how long is thea

Hi, unit 1 is 2 hours

Unit 2 is 3 hours for Part A and 2 hours for part B
Reply 9
How did you guys find the unit 1 IT exam?
Reply 10
Original post by Waqqy456

It was easy, alot better than I thought, however I think that the grade boundaries will be high this gonna, just need to revise for unit 2

Easy as well.
But my main probs is getting the right normalized data in unit 2. It's like once you are done normalizing the data you get three table, but in reality it's 4 tables that's meant to be there
Reply 13
It was easy, alot better than I thought, however I think that the grade boundaries will be high this gonna, just need to revise for unit 2

How high do you think previous years for a pass is like 18 to 21 marks
Reply 14
How high do you think previous years for a pass is like 18 to 21 marks

Any tips for unit 2 as this is a very hard exam

Just learn how to normalize your data because it will go a long way in part A
Reply 16

Yh, for normalisation use activity 2 to help, it always gives 1 or 2 relationships for activity 1. For example, 'A record will not save if a piece of art is for an invalid artist' this shows that there is a 1-many relationship between art and artist.
Reply 17

Please does anyone have any the document of the exam we just took please can you reply to this message i will pay, please.
Reply 18
Original post by BtecItl3
Please does anyone have any the document of the exam we just took please can you reply to this message i will pay, please.

Sorry I don't have anything, I'm pretty sure only examiners have access to them while us students don't, but how was your part A for unit 2 today?
Reply 19
Sorry I don't have anything, I'm pretty sure only examiners have access to them while us students don't, but how was your part A for unit 2 today?

It was not good I was barely able to do any of it. I wanted to ask for Part B do we get a template?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending