The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Science

Im in my second year of college and i need distinctions to get into medical science in uni, however in my first year i got a pass in the unit 1 exam and a distinction in my courseworks. Can my overall grade still be distinctions?
Original post by rida886
Im in my second year of college and i need distinctions to get into medical science in uni, however in my first year i got a pass in the unit 1 exam and a distinction in my courseworks. Can my overall grade still be distinctions?

I assume you're doing a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Is that right? And when you ask, "Can my overall grade still be distinctions?", do you mean an overall grade of DDD?

If so, then the answer is Yes. Only getting a pass in unit 1 is by no mean "fatal" to the BTEC, especially if you're getting distinctions in each of the internal (coursework) units. In fact, you can get a pass in all the other external (examined) units too, and still get a DDD overall if you keep getting distinctions in your coursework.

(The points you get for examined units depends on your mark, not just your grade. The statement above assumes you're just above the "pass" grade boundary in each examined unit. If you're actually on the "pass" boundary for each examined unit then the best you can achieve overall in DDM.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I assume you're doing a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Is that right? And when you ask,
Reply 3
I assume you're doing a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Is that right? And when you ask, "Can my overall grade still be distinctions?", do you mean an overall grade of DDD?

If so, then the answer is Yes. Only getting a pass in unit 1 is by no mean "fatal" to the BTEC, especially if you're getting distinctions in each of the internal (coursework) units. In fact, you can get a pass in all the other external (examined) units too, and still get a DDD overall if you keep getting distinctions in your coursework.

(The points you get for examined units depends on your mark, not just your grade. The statement above assumes you're just above the "pass" grade boundary in each examined unit. If you're actually on the "pass" boundary for each examined unit then the best you can achieve overall in DDM.)

Yes that’s right, thank you so much!
Reply 4
Original post by rida886

if you’re doing extended diploma then you can since its more coursework heavy i had 4 exams in total one merit and 3 passes and one M in coursework but all my other coursework was D and i got a DDD but is also depend on how many points the module has

What if you do BTEC Extended certificate?
Original post by maryam802
What if you do BTEC Extended certificate?

Is your question the same as the original one (which I answered six months ago), but as it pertains to an BTEC Extended Certificate instead?

So your question is, "If I got a pass in unit 1 of a BTEC Extended Certificate in Applied Science, can I still get a distinction overall?" - correct?
Heyy, i did applied science and my first year was not the best. My second year I aimed to get distinctions in everything,, although I got a merit for unit 7 ( which was decently hard ) I still managed to come out with DDD so aim to do your best!
Is your question the same as the original one (which I answered six months ago), but as it pertains to an BTEC Extended Certificate instead?
So your question is, "If I got a pass in unit 1 of a BTEC Extended Certificate in Applied Science, can I still get a distinction overall?" - correct?

Yess
Original post by maryam802
Yess

OK. The answer is "Yes". Even if you only just scrape a pass in unit 1 (i.e. get the fewest points which still awards you a "pass" grade), then you can still get a distinction overall if you get a distinction in all three other units.

BTEC Nationals Extended Certificate - Applied Science - maryam802.JPG
OK. The answer is
OK. The answer is "Yes". Even if you only just scrape a pass in unit 1 (i.e. get the fewest points which still awards you a "pass" grade), then you can still get a distinction overall if you get a distinction in all three other units.
BTEC Nationals Extended Certificate - Applied Science - maryam802.JPG

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending