The Student Room Group

The official BTEC results discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goodwinning
Track updated 3 weeks ago for me and I still haven't received my certificate - should I be worried? Finished college on June 24th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no correlation between how fast your track updates, and when your certificate will get sent out. I'm sure your college is in no real rush to get all the certificates sent out. They probably have hundreds to mail out, and only a couple of people working on it. For instance, at my college there is one person dedicated to mailing out the certificates. I expect I'll get it sometime in August, and it's not like I need it right now anyway.

Your track updated anyway, so you know where you stand. Your certificate will come when it comes, but if you're in a rush, then ring your college and ask if you can pick it up. It's most likely just sitting in their office, waiting to be mailed out.
Reply 81
Original post by dual EMT
There is no correlation between how fast your track updates, and when your certificate will get sent out. I'm sure your college is in no real rush to get all the certificates sent out. They probably have hundreds to mail out, and only a couple of people working on it. For instance, at my college there is one person dedicated to mailing out the certificates. I expect I'll get it sometime in August, and it's not like I need it right now anyway.

Your track updated anyway, so you know where you stand. Your certificate will come when it comes, but if you're in a rush, then ring your college and ask if you can pick it up. It's most likely just sitting in their office, waiting to be mailed out.

Thanks.

The only reason I'm asking is because I am moving house on Friday; I told my college about this before the end of term but they just said I should receive my certificate before then. I couldn't give the new address because I wasn't sure where I was moving to. Guess I'll just have to ring them up now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Nanodae
That is very quick, I signed off 15th June and not heard anything yet about certificates.

Track updated 3 weeks ago for me and I still haven't received my certificate - should I be worried? Finished college on June 24th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would phone up your colleges, for me the certificate was sent there and mailed to me from my college but some places may expect you to pick them up on a certain date. If your track has updated then I would think the certificate is around somewhere!
Reply 83
Original post by lisamb
I would phone up your colleges, for me the certificate was sent there and mailed to me from my college but some places may expect you to pick them up on a certain date. If your track has updated then I would think the certificate is around somewhere!

I rang mine and they said the people handling my course are still on holiday and that no one in the entirety of the college has even had their certificates sent off yet as "they've only just got back from holiday". And apparently it isn't possible to just pick up your certificate yourself for reasons known only to their enlightened minds.

This is why I'm so glad I don't have to go to that **** college anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rang mine and they said the people handling my course are still on holiday and that no one in the entirety of the college has even had their certificates sent off yet as "they've only just got back from holiday". And apparently it isn't possible to just pick up your certificate yourself for reasons known only to their enlightened minds.

This is why I'm so glad I don't have to go to that **** college anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The staff required to sign them out might not be available as this is our actual holiday. We aren't paid to be in during the summer so don't be too harsh on them. There needs to be a record of them being sent to the students and the easiest way to track everything and to keep everything fair is to send them all out together. I know it's annoying because I sat the BTEC too but at least you know your uni position already. The additional piece of paper means nothing until you actually need to show it at university.
They sent me my result on Saturday 01/08/15, I was surprised that it came this time, I was expecting it to come around two weeks time.
Reply 86
Original post by ParadoxSocks
The staff required to sign them out might not be available as this is our actual holiday. We aren't paid to be in during the summer so don't be too harsh on them. There needs to be a record of them being sent to the students and the easiest way to track everything and to keep everything fair is to send them all out together. I know it's annoying because I sat the BTEC too but at least you know your uni position already. The additional piece of paper means nothing until you actually need to show it at university.

I've just moved house and the tutors told everyone we would get the certificate before the end of July that's why I actually do need it as I don't want to pay £60 to reorder one. I didn't know where I'd be moving to in June so I couldn't simply change my address. It's not a matter of me being impatient. I don't know why the head of department and tutors would announce such misinformation to us if they knew prior they wouldn't be available to sign it off or whatever.

Also, I'm not being harsh; the level of incompetence from teachers to admin in that college completely justifies my reaction. The college I went to is terrible; the teaching was horrendous, teachers were constantly leaving, we had 4 different replacement teachers in the space of 4 months that didn't teach us anything relevant and handed out assignments that were not internally verified. This means we had to repeat all the assignments for 4 units in the last two months and didn't even start 2 entire units that had about 6 assignments each until the last month. Why no one bothered to check on these replacement teachers or take any notice of the multitude of complaints I have no idea. Even the "proper assignments" from the permanent staff members that had been verified were so poorly written it was like trying to decipher a riddle.

Sorry for the rant but the whole experience has just completely put me off FE colleges and I'm just relieved I am done with it forever.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

When are the BTEC results out?

Will track update for the btec student on the 13th?
It should be out by now...
My ucas track has changed my insurance into an unconditional offer! but my firm still remains conditional I know I've met the conditions of my firm being told by my teachers before hand but I'm just worried about firm I don't know why -.-
Reply 90
Original post by MBermi97
My ucas track has changed my insurance into an unconditional offer! but my firm still remains conditional I know I've met the conditions of my firm being told by my teachers before hand but I'm just worried about firm I don't know why -.-

What happened to me is that both offers become unconditional, just at different times as one took longer than the other. Nothing to worry about :smile:
That makes me feel better thanks :smile:, I don't know why but I always worry i really want to get into my firm the waiting is making me nervous by the day
Original post by MBermi97
That makes me feel better thanks :smile:, I don't know why but I always worry i really want to get into my firm the waiting is making me nervous by the day

The same thing happened with me. My insurance was first made unconditional and then the next day my firm was unconditional. I was lucky that I only checked my UCAS after both had already been confirmed otherwise I would've been panicking just like you xD
Surrey university is my firm compared to my insurance its definitely better in terms of opportunities and facilities offered, I was on their Facebook page earlier and they said they will start making decisions from the 8th onwards I've just got my fingers crossed now and congrats on your offers by the way :biggrin:
Sorry if this question has already been answered but when do the BTEC results come out? By that I mean officially. I already know what I got as prior to leaving college I checked and used the point system to work out my grade. I recently got an email from a university and in the link it said that: 'If you are taking Scottish Highers, International Baccalaureate, BTEC, or an Access Diploma, you will probably receive your results earlier than those who are waiting for A-level results'. Does this mean we will get our university offers earlier than A-level students? If so then when?
Reply 95
Original post by polerat
Sorry if this question has already been answered but when do the BTEC results come out? By that I mean officially. I already know what I got as prior to leaving college I checked and used the point system to work out my grade. I recently got an email from a university and in the link it said that: 'If you are taking Scottish Highers, International Baccalaureate, BTEC, or an Access Diploma, you will probably receive your results earlier than those who are waiting for A-level results'. Does this mean we will get our university offers earlier than A-level students? If so then when?

Normally your Track should update earlier than A-level students regardless of when you've received your certificate. There's no specific date for this to happen; for example, mine updated in early July yet I know of others that didn't update till just yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Normally your Track should update earlier than A-level students regardless of when you've received your certificate. There's no specific date for this to happen; for example, mine updated in early July yet I know of others that didn't update till just yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright ok so I guess it depends on the college and when they send of the results as well as when the exams board passes them onto the university.
Reply 97
Original post by polerat
Alright ok so I guess it depends on the college and when they send of the results as well as when the exams board passes them onto the university.

Pretty much this. Most colleges tell you a date before you finish when you should receive your certificate by. Think mine was the 10th. Obviously if nothing updates on results day then it's time to start ringing up people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much this. Most colleges tell you a date before you finish when you should receive your certificate by. Think mine was the 10th. Obviously if nothing updates on results day then it's time to start ringing up people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not bothered about getting the certificate to be honest just getting the OFFICIAL results so I can mentally calm down a bit despite already knowing my grades. I just want to be confirmed a place lol
Original post by polerat

Btec results come out in July.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending