The Student Room Group

paradoxicalme's Bucket List

1.) Read 20 books, including the Bible in its entirety and a long narrative poem like the Canterbury Tales or the Divine Comedy. This will be hard because my reading speed is garbage.

8/8: I'm on my 10th book and have read half of the Canterbury Tales. Bible is slow going, I'm still on Genesis.

2.) Get 'mad gainz bruh' (basically do the summer programme at my local gym).

8/8: I'm halfway through the six-week programme and am going three times a week, and have made a few friends there as well! Plus I'm getting some good muscle definition in my calves from all the running.

3.) Get down to my goal weight of 135 pounds / 61 kg.

8/8: At the end of May I was just over 150 pounds, now on my latest weigh-in I'm 138. Hoping I'll hit 135 by the end of August!

4.) Bake some slutty brownies (and do not eat them all)

5.) Learn how to cook something I'd actually want to eat in my piddly matchbox of a kitchen

6.) Get into uni! Preferably Cambridge!

13/8: Hell to the yes, exceeded my Cambridge offer :biggrin:

7.) Teach my cat how to kill flies, she mainly just stares at them a lot as if they will die by the mere force of her gaze

8/8: After much coaxing she is better at it now, she's even killed a moth that came in.

8.) Place in a poetry competition (I've been writing poetry for a few years). My ultimate goal is to win the Ledbury poetry competition this year.

9.) Be published in at least one poetry journal.

8/8: Dingdingdingding! I am going to be published in the Cadaverine, a prestigious poetry journal for poets under 30, very soon :biggrin:

10.) GET A JOB. ANYTHING THAT PAYS MONEY OF THE NON-MONOPOLY KIND.

8/8: Dingdingdingding! I start work as a bartender at a Wetherspoon's on Monday!

11.) Get a position on the staff of a poetry journal.

12.) Get featured on the Poetry tag on tumblr.

13.) Write at least 10 poems.

14.) Get to at least week 7 of 8 of the Runner's World Beginners Running Programme.

8/8: Finished the programme!

15.) In celebration of turning 18, get drunk in the comfort of my own home.

8/8: Done! Got a bottle of cava for my birthday :tongue:

16.) Be able to do 5 push ups. This sounds like an easy target but right now if I armwrestled a centipede the centipede would have the edge.

8/8: Done! My arms still aren't strong at all but they're a little better than they were after three weeks of weight training.

17.) Try new kinds of alcohol! Never tried liqueurs before.

On results night I went out with my friends and tried a bunch of cocktails. Raspberry liqueur is lush :biggrin:

18.) Learn a new skill. This is vague because I don't know what it is yet. I'm sort of hopeless at most things.

19.) Write a Fanfiction story with a pairing that has never yet been written about on Fanfiction.

20.) Finish the first three seasons of GoT AND the first book.

8/8: I'm halfway through season 3!

21.) Stay up all night. I've never done it before without at least a minute or two of sleep. I know, I'm pathetic.

22.) Take my first driving lesson!

23.) Eat an entire chilli. I am bad with spice. This will not be fun.

24.) Get a new wardrobe. My clothes are currently divided between 'stuff I bought when I was 12' and 'stuff I bought when I was still 150 pounds'.

8/8: Bought a bunch of new stuff!
(edited 8 years ago)
Have you got plans to start?? Go for it! Still a few weeks left!
Original post by Jacobhilton18
Have you got plans to start?? Go for it! Still a few weeks left!

I've already started! About to update :biggrin:
Original post by paradoxicalme
I've already started! About to update :biggrin:

Can i join you for that bottle of Cava :biggrin:
Reply 4
wooo!!!! amazing!!
19.) Write a Fanfiction story with a pairing that has never yet been written about on Fanfiction.

I seem to recall us talking about you having written Discworld Fanfiction before, possibly something about Death?

Regardless, have you got any pairings in mind for this? :colone:
Original post by shadowdweller
I seem to recall us talking about you having written Discworld Fanfiction before, possibly something about Death?

Regardless, have you got any pairings in mind for this? :colone:

I have! But due to the crazy amount of reading prep for Cambridge and A levels I haven't touched discworld in ages :frown: I'm thinking of doing a fanfiction story based on this gorgeous novella by Gabriel Garcia Marquez called Love and Other Demons :tongue:
I have! But due to the crazy amount of reading prep for Cambridge and A levels I haven't touched discworld in ages :frown: I'm thinking of doing a fanfiction story based on this gorgeous novella by Gabriel Garcia Marquez called Love and Other Demons :tongue:

Gah, that's a shame - Discworld is awesome :love: Ooo, that sounds pretty interesting. Not many existing stories on it then? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest