The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LanguageNerd123
Just received a telephone interview from Addleshaw Goddard London for next Thurs. Any advice from previous applicants would be much appreciated!

Hey, congrats! Can I ask when you applied? I applied to the Manchester office mid-November and still haven't heard anything so getting a little worried now as a few people have been invited to interview!
Just received a telephone interview from Addleshaw Goddard London for next Thurs. Any advice from previous applicants would be much appreciated!

Congratulations! Can I ask how they got back to you, email or phone?
Original post by ManchesterVS
Hey, congrats! Can I ask when you applied? I applied to the Manchester office mid-November and still haven't heard anything so getting a little worried now as a few people have been invited to interview!

Original post by dinolove
Congratulations! Can I ask how they got back to you, email or phone?

I applied on the 6th of Jan, and got the telephone interview by email this morning. I know of someone who applied for Leeds in October and hasn't heard anything, so don't fret!
Just received a Latham video invitation today. Would be really grateful if anyone could give me some advice.

I have completed the A&O AC if anyone has questions!
I applied on the 6th of Jan, and got the telephone interview by email this morning. I know of someone who applied for Leeds in October and hasn't heard anything, so don't fret!

Ahh there is still hope then! Congratulations again, and best of luck with the telephone interview :biggrin:

I was a little worried too, they've waited a long time to start replying considering they're rolling. We'll hopefully hear Monday or Tuesday now
Original post by HKS9065
Just received a Latham video invitation today. Would be really grateful if anyone could give me some advice.

When did you apply to Latham?
Reply 1987
Original post by HKS9065

When'd you apply to Latham?
Ahh there is still hope then! Congratulations again, and best of luck with the telephone interview :biggrin:

Thank you! Yes, stick with it: no news is good news. Good luck!

Original post by lawstudent95
I was a little worried too, they've waited a long time to start replying considering they're rolling. We'll hopefully hear Monday or Tuesday now

Their claiming to be rolling has really undermined them in my eyes. NRF and A&O explicitly state that they are rolling like AG and they get back to you within 10 days and two weeks respectively, or thereabouts. Good luck with your awaited response!
Original post by SCG99
When'd you apply to Latham?

23rd December

Ooh I applied on the 9th so there may still be hope for me 😉 Good luck with the telephone interview - the trainees there I've spoken too said it was mainly competency based but they may have changed it
Original post by squaredlou
Could someone who took WLG's VRT give details about the test format? Whether it's WG or something else, and if any online practice tests have proved useful? Also I'm guessing they assess in percentile, but does anyone know if that's the case? Thanks a lot! :smile:

You get 30 questions to answer in 19 minutes. Just get a passage to read then a series of questions which you answer true, false or cannot say. I'm assuming it's percentile because my friend (Birmingham office) passed and they said they would look at her application in more detail to assess whether she will get a telephone interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1992
How long has it taken for people to hear back from A&O post AC?
How long has it taken for people to hear back from Macfarlanes post AC?
Also did anyone else find that CMS' test invites went into their junk folder? They're the only firm where this has happened and I missed the deadlines because of it! Usually nothing gets transferred into my Junk folder so I don't usually check it :frown:

Will start now though, gutted.
Original post by cricketgirl1
Also did anyone else find that CMS' test invites went into their junk folder? They're the only firm where this has happened and I missed the deadlines because of it! Usually nothing gets transferred into my Junk folder so I don't usually check it :frown:

Will start now though, gutted.

That's so annoying! I'll be checking my junk folder more regularly now!

In my case, they were just sent to my normal inbox so it's odd that they went to your spam folder!
Reply 1996
Original post by ULawAJ
Just before Christmas, think it was the 20th

I applied Dec 12 and still haven't heard..... Not looking great for me haha
I saw this asked a week or so ago but struggling to find it on the thread but how on EARTH are you supposed to respond to the "if you were to come to the interview in fancy dress, what would you come as?" question?? 😫
I saw this asked a week or so ago but struggling to find it on the thread but how on EARTH are you supposed to respond to the "if you were to come to the interview in fancy dress, what would you come as?" question?? 😫

I hated this question. I went with Sherlock Holmes, discussed his attributes that befit a lawyer, then made a joke at the end about how I'd still be relatively smart if it turned out to be a wind up.

(I'm pretty sure making a joke is a bad idea but I'm not too fussed about CRS and it's a lame question so they deserve my lame answer.)

What firm is this? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending