The Student Room Group

DLA Piper summer vacation scheme interview tips

Hi all, I've just been put forward to the online interview for DLA Piper's summer vacation scheme. To anyone who has either been through this process themselves or works at DLA: do you have any firm-specific interview tips or insights into the firm's culture which may prove relevant? Thank you very much, and I hope this thread can help all those in such a position.
Reply 1
Hey!

Although I have not been part of the DLA process, I have had experience with a previous video interview. Usually you will have to answer 3-4 questions with prep time of around 60s and time to answer is 90s. Questions are focused on your interest in the firm, competency questions and maybe around commercial awareness.

For video interviews, it is important to maintain eye contact with the camera and to have a structured answer. Don't have an answer rehearsed because it might come off as unnatural. If you want more tips, I could suggest Commercial Law Academy's "preparing for interviews and assessment centres" course, which provides insight from a former Magic Circle recruiter on what recruiters are looking for in this type of assessment.
Reply 2
Original post by Kb00
Hey!

Although I have not been part of the DLA process, I have had experience with a previous video interview. Usually you will have to answer 3-4 questions with prep time of around 60s and time to answer is 90s. Questions are focused on your interest in the firm, competency questions and maybe around commercial awareness.

For video interviews, it is important to maintain eye contact with the camera and to have a structured answer. Don't have an answer rehearsed because it might come off as unnatural. If you want more tips, I could suggest Commercial Law Academy's "preparing for interviews and assessment centres" course, which provides insight from a former Magic Circle recruiter on what recruiters are looking for in this type of assessment.

That's very helpful advice - thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending