The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ew296
When did you apply to Shearman? Maybe they only review post deadline or something.

I applied in late September. How about you?
Original post by Chianti1
I applied in late September. How about you?

23rd October. Looks like they do wait til post deadline to do stuff. I think it's a way better way of doing it but that's just me. You must be frustrated waiting that long though.
Original post by ew296
23rd October. Looks like they do wait til post deadline to do stuff. I think it's a way better way of doing it but that's just me. You must be frustrated waiting that long though.

I read somewhere on the thread that Shearman start screening applications just before the deadline. Hopefully, we might hear something this week.
Reply 583
Anyone heard back from Weil yet?
Linklaters, anyone?:smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Applicant2015
rejection from mishcon post AC, arghh

didn't agree with her feedback about the interview. with the case study i was told my structure was somewhat lacking and i missed some points... should've asked on the phone and would like to know what exactly, but seems pointless now

Your lucky to even be invited I am still waiting post video interview,,

I warned you the case study is so hard to prep for, its a bunch of crap tbh... you really need to blag your way though it
Original post by Applicant2015
rejection from mishcon post AC, arghh

didn't agree with her feedback about the interview. with the case study i was told my structure was somewhat lacking and i missed some points... should've asked on the phone and would like to know what exactly, but seems pointless now

At least you get an AC

I applied for so many times and never managed to get through the app form stage.
This whole thing is so messed up.

Applied quite early but no news at all from Sidley, Mishcon and BLP. Stuck at App Form stage.

I am expecting a rejection anyway but at least let me know
Finally sent off Freshfields app, now just to do practice SHL tests in advance of the real thing.

Original post by Vinny Gambini
At least you get an AC

I applied for so many times and never managed to get through the app form stage.

Probably a mistake you keep making in your app, then? Grades and/or style of answering the written questions perhaps?
still no word re linklaters?
Reply 590
Has anyone been to a Simmons & Simmons assessment centre yet? Seems to be very little online regarding it!
Original post by N-Dubz
Has anyone been to a Simmons & Simmons assessment centre yet? Seems to be very little online regarding it!

When is your AC? How long after doing vid interview and online tests did they take to reply?
Reply 592
anyone else unable to log into linklaters career site?
Reply 593
Shearmans and Linklaters AC's! wooo :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 594
Original post by l12233

Congratulations!! When did you apply to Shearmans and when is your AC?
Original post by l12233

Congrats! When did you apply to Linklaters?
Original post by legalegalloljks
still no word re linklaters?

I'm waiting on Linklaters too. When did you apply?
Sent off my hogan lovells spring app a week ago and no rejection as of yet, is this good or bad news? Silent pfo perhaps?
I had an AC on Monday for A&O Winter Vac Scheme. My referee from uni (I've graduated) just text me to say he's done a reference for them as they contacted him by e-mail for one. Should I read anything into this? I'm just thinking, surely if post-AC they were going to reject me they wouldn't contact my reference. Or do you think it's standard practice to contact all people's referees and then make decisions after that?
Reply 599
I applied to Linklaters for the winter VS about three weeks ago and have heard nothing...I guess that means no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending