The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SXYX
Heard back in two weeks for AC after completion of VRT.

I don't think you can apply for both. The application portal explicitly states that "Please note that you can only apply for one graduate position at a time. You should wait to hear from us about the outcome of any graduate application you make before applying for any other graduate role.".

Great thanks
I wasn't sure if that referred to VS and TCs only or if the separate VSs were viewed as independent 'graduate positions'

Please do update after your AC
God Bless & Good Luck x
If anyone wants me to check over their app forms before submitting I will have a look and make edits/track changes or point to suggestions. PM me if you want me to and I'll give you my e-mail. :smile:
Anyone else just receive the email from Slaughter and May saying that they'd be in contact soon once they've made their decision as to who to invite for an interview? Seems strange considering people on here have already heard back and I applied quite a while ago.
Original post by Conzy210
How quickly have people heard back from Linklaters after completing the WG? It's been a while now so I'm fearing the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 days - got a response today.
Reply 1584
Hi! I'm new here!

I have a KWM video invite and I am v nervous - does anyone have any tips they can share/know what kind of questions they are going to ask?

I've secured a spring scheme with BLP (applied for winter but it was full); and I also have an upcoming TC assessment day with Shearman (applied for winter and had an interview but it was full too haha!) so would love to share tips with anyone who is completing either of those!

I also did a vac scheme with Skadden last year, so would be happy to share any tips.
Original post by amae1
Hi! I'm new here!

I have a KWM video invite and I am v nervous - does anyone have any tips they can share/know what kind of questions they are going to ask?

I've secured a spring scheme with BLP (applied for winter but it was full); and I also have an upcoming TC assessment day with Shearman (applied for winter and had an interview but it was full too haha!) so would love to share tips with anyone who is completing either of those!

I also did a vac scheme with Skadden last year, so would be happy to share any tips.

I've PM'd you about the KWM video interview
Hi Guys

I’ve been invited to do a video interview with Mishcon de Reya. I would really appreciate any help at all on the type of questions asked the structure of the interview is there anything I should really know for it?? I’ve never done a video interview before. I don’t know what to expect and I don’t want to blow my only chance.

Thanks
So I just realised that I PFO-ed myself from Clifford Chance (made a typo so atrocious that I wouldn't even not laugh at someone else if they ,made it)
Reply 1588
Original post by dreamer959
So I just realised that I PFO-ed myself from Clifford Chance (made a typo so atrocious that I wouldn't even not laugh at someone else if they ,made it)

Sorry to hear, mate. Happens to the best of us.

I did that with A&O, you live and you learn....

I'm sure you haven't - if I remember rightly from their app workshop a single major typo won't rule you out if the rest of the app is good. Unless you, like, put in a different firm name or something.
Original post by dlaiden
I'm sure you haven't - if I remember rightly from their app workshop a single major typo won't rule you out if the rest of the app is good. Unless you, like, put in a different firm name or something.

Ugh, it was something like saying 'adopt' instead of 'adapt' and that's basically like saying 'your' instead of 'you're'. I should be hit with a dictionary :P
Ugh, it was something like saying 'adopt' instead of 'adapt' and that's basically like saying 'your' instead of 'you're'. I should be hit with a dictionary :P

I'm sure something small like that, while it will certainly be noticed and marked against you, won't alone send a good app into the bin!
Original post by dlaiden
I'm sure something small like that, while it will certainly be noticed and marked against you, won't alone send a good app into the bin!

Well, i certainly hope so. But I am so anal when it comes to punctuation, and spelling (and just language in general) that there is literally nothing worse than making mistakes in apps. Plus, bitching on TSR is a good means of procrastination from exams :biggrin:
Does anyone know when the Arnold & Porter Vacation Scheme 2016 applications open? Also, any tips with regards to this? Thank you!
I remember sitting a workshop during their open day where they have shown us some of their apps. There were some really bad apps (for my taste at least) that the grad team told us have actually passed to A.C. They even spoke of one guy who mentioned Linklaters instead of CC in a form, but everything else on the form was top-notch and he got invited to an A.C. CC hires 100 trainees a year and they must interview at least four times as much, don't give your hopes up!
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
a couple of days for me :smile:

Just to confirm, CC is meant to mean Clifford Chance right? :tongue:

Has anyone else heard back post application?

I applied for direct TC and got an email that I passed WG test 10 minutes after I was done with the test.
Original post by ManchesterVS
Hey, Can I ask which AG office you applied for? I applied to the Manchester office mid-November time and still haven't heard anything. I imagine as they recruit on a rolling basis, not hearing in over a month and a half isn't the greatest sign :/

Hey! Yeah I applied for Manchester office. I applied mid-November too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for Olswang? Doing my cover letter now, is it too late to apply? If not, any tips for the cover letter?
Has anyone received online test invites for Addleshaw Goddard or Wragges??
Also has anyone heard back from CMS yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending