The Student Room Group

Why doesnt England have its own cultral food?

Scroll to see replies

English food is the best. If it's not smothered in gravy and served with potatoes then get it away from me.
Original post by Good bloke
What is funny? Faggots are a fine English delicacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

I was being sarcastic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roast dinner is English and mighty fine too
There are a lot of English/British delicacies. Not quite as exciting as tapas or dim sum, and the names aren't quite as elegant as in French cuisine, but they're traditional and you had to work with what you had. Nothing wrong with root veg and good ol' suet pastry!
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I'm assuming you're trolling and you know the American meaning of "faggots"

You're assumption is wrong, and I do know the American meaning of faggots. I am British, however, discussing British food on a British internet forum. How does homosexuality come into things?
Because all British food is disgusting so we have to import good food xD

British food is awesome
Original post by SarahLund
Nothing wrong with root veg

Roast parsnips - a real favourite.
You're assumption is wrong, and I do know the American meaning of faggots. I am British, however, discussing British food on a British internet forum. How does homosexuality come into things?

So you just pretended to not know why he was laughing? Okay then.

Original post by EliteWolf98
British food is awesome

You clearly have never tasted any foreign food then xD
Roast parsnips - a real favourite.

A favourite of mine too!
I'm assuming you're trolling and you know the American meaning of "faggots"

He obviously knows and he isn't trolling. Faggots are lovely, with mash and marrowfat peas.

Love a nice, hot faggot in my mouth.
Original post by Wilfred Little
He obviously knows and he isn't trolling. Faggots are lovely, with mash and marrowfat peas.

Love a nice, hot faggot in my mouth.

Comment of the day ^ I have no +1's sorry xD
So you just pretended to not know why he was laughing?

No. I am older than fourteen and am not compelled to see sexual innuendo in every phrase I come across.
So you just pretended to not know why he was laughing? Okay then.

You clearly have never tasted any foreign food then xD

I never said it was the best :biggrin:

In all seriousness, I like food from the majority of cultures, it's a nice variety how it is in Britain. I wouldn't want to only eat English food or only eat Chinese food.
You clearly have never tasted any foreign food then

Your logic fails you. Just because some foreign food is excellent does not mean that some British food cannot be excellent too. By the same token, much foreign food is pretty dire.
Reply 34
Original post by Bernana
That's weird because I don't. I eat British food. And FYI, other countries also eat food from cultures that aren't their own...

Since you aren't very educated:

Toad in the hole
Bangers and mash
Welsh cakes
Pasties
Jam Roly Poly
Fish and Chips
Sunday Lunch
Sandwiches
Bubble and Squeak
Full breakfast
Yorkshire pudding
Shepherds pie
Haggis

I could counter every thing you've said but cbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think there is a lot of food that we see as being more internationally eaten than it is- beans on toast, for example, is apparently pretty much only eaten in the UK.
Original post by Killa Kam
I could counter every thing you've said

There is nothing in that post to counter; it is simply a list of British dishes. Are you going to claim that they aren't British?
Reply 37
Original post by Killa Kam
I could counter every thing you've said but cbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you couldn't. Because what you just said was a little white lie, wasn't it? It would be extremely difficult to counter fact though, so I wouldn't blame you if you 'cbf'.
Fish and chips
Reply 39
Original post by Bernana
No you couldn't. Because what you just said was a little white lie, wasn't it? It would be extremely difficult to counter fact though, so I wouldn't blame you if you 'cbf'.

The sausage wasnt created in England for a start.

Thats just a taster of a counter, I could have you questioning whether private school was worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest