The Student Room Group

Will I have loose skin if I lose 40kg?

I've lost 10kg in the past month and in the next 3 months I will be losing 30kg more.

I'm so terrified of loose skin...because I'm really cautious about my body and the way it looks.

I weigh 95kg and I'm 5'9. The highest I've weighed was 105kg
Ive been gaining weight from 60kg for about a year

I jumped from 60kg to 78kg in about a month and a half due to medicine a year ago

And I've been gaining 13g since February this year. In November 2022 I was 86kg.

Do you think my belly will hang out as if I hadn't lost weight or do you think it will be flat again???
:frown:
okay i know this isn't answering your question but cani ask what you found to be the most effective way of losing weight apart from medicine is because i've been trying forever and nothing works
Original post by georgiagreen18
okay i know this isn't answering your question but cani ask what you found to be the most effective way of losing weight apart from medicine is because i've been trying forever and nothing works

There's no advice for someone who finds it hard to lose weight. It's really just ...eat less and go to the gym.

I've been lightweight all my life. I dont have any ED but im not grateful for food. For me its something i stay away from

I just focus on loving my body when its toned and when my tummy is flat. I'm very strict about this but I love being able to wear whatever and look good. I'm trying to find a balance in undereating and appreciating food rn

I love being able to jump successfully and I love feeling like I can hold my weight when it's about to fall.

Being obese for me doesnt work. For others, they look so good and healthy and round but for me, I look bad and I'm always having accidents because I can't walk properly and I can't lift my body without pain

It's really hard when the weight sticks I have to admit. I've been trying to lose weight for 6 months and ive only gained 20kg more
This is pretty unhelpful but what makes it so hard?
When it was hard for me, it's because my eating was out of control. My tummy had a mind of it's own so it was grabbing food left and right

I was so miserable and was fighting this beast for my control and my own happiness. Everytime I ate less than the day before, the next day I eat 3x more. By the next week I've gained 3kg or so

Just remind yourself why u want to lose weight. How much r you?

I remind myself i cannot pick myself up and it's dangerous for me to be this heavy. If I fall on someone it's over for them and me

Take control of your own eating. This means don't ask for help in losing weight. (Is this good advice idk? I'm trying trying give you the most efficient way of losing weight and staying healthy) The more you think the control is in other forces other than yourself and what's going in and out of Your Body it becomes hard to be happy with ur weight I.e be less on the scale
Original post by shhyesimhuda
I've lost 10kg in the past month and in the next 3 months I will be losing 30kg more.

I'm so terrified of loose skin...because I'm really cautious about my body and the way it looks.

I weigh 95kg and I'm 5'9. The highest I've weighed was 105kg
Ive been gaining weight from 60kg for about a year

I jumped from 60kg to 78kg in about a month and a half due to medicine a year ago

And I've been gaining 13g since February this year. In November 2022 I was 86kg.

Do you think my belly will hang out as if I hadn't lost weight or do you think it will be flat again???
:frown:

You do seem to be losing weight very quickly. You need to slow down. Loose skin and stretch marks come from crash dieting and losing weight too fast.

I know where you are coming from in relation to medication-related weight gain. I gained 4 stone in similar circumstances, and even after I had successfully weaned off of the medication, the excess weight would not budge. I only started to lose weight when I started exercising again. I hadn't been able to for a long time, due to illness, so I had to ease myself back into it slowly. That, if anything, was a blessing because I had no option but to pace myself and not overdo it. There were times when my weight went up instead of down - I was gaining back my muscles and losing inches, noticeably so.

You do need to increase your activity level, especially if your metabolism has slowed down from when you were at your lowest point and probably not doing much. The exercise will help to kick-start it again. I kept up a slight calorie deficit, but nothing too extreme, because I was starting to increase my training and needed to fuel myself accordingly. It paid off and I am back to my original weight, and running races again.

It takes time and you need to be patient with yourself. Do it right and stay healthy, otherwise you will be back to square one.
You've stopped your medication?
What does your doctor recommend? Have you asked for their advice?

Ps. I lost a similar amount of weight under similar circumstances, no excess skin. Depends on your body...
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
I think it's better to contact the physician for better advice and recommendation ...

Quick Reply

Latest