The Student Room Group

Keeping your distance.......tailgating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bailfire
Ohh looks like I've hit a nerve. Just because I'm arguing a point, doesn't mean I'm one myself you stupid fat ****. Go ****ing ride a bike if you're going to bitch about everything on the ****ing roads, pussy. Oh he's too close to me, boohoo. Dumbass

LOL!

You've not refuted any of my argument and still claim it's alright to tailgate. I don't wish you or anyone any physical harm, but I hope your car gets written off one day by a tailgating tosser like yourself and you too will then understand why it is dangerous and dumb.
Original post by EchoTango
LOL!

You've not refuted any of my argument and still claim it's alright to tailgate. I don't wish you or anyone any physical harm, but I hope your car gets written off one day by a tailgating tosser like yourself and you too will then understand why it is dangerous and dumb.

I hope you get some horribly whip lash from a tailgating beamer driver just so I can bathe in your rage.
I hope you get some horribly whip lash from a tailgating beamer driver just so I can bathe in your rage.
So you just admitted tailgating is dangerous and refuse to refute my earlier points. makes a change from earlier.
You'll be the one loosing your no claims anyway.Game, set and match!
(edited 8 years ago)
So you just admitted tailgating is dangerous and refuse to refute my earlier points.

Game, set and match!

Ofc its, my original comment was nothing along the sides of "its not dangerous". I don't know when you started thinking that was what I thought or we was playing a tennis match..
Something you definitely shouldn't do under any circumstances to tailgaters is turn on your rear fogs briefly to look like you're braking so they hit their brakes and laugh at their bewildered expression. You especially shouldn't do this multiple times until they get the message and drop back.

Tailgating is pointless and dangerous, pushing the driver in front may well force them to have an accident or make a mistake wrecking your car and theirs by harsh braking. You wont get where you're going much faster by driving like a cretin and a death could be on your conscience. I drive quite quickly but if I end up behind a slow vehicle I don't rush to overtake it, I just sit at their speed and let them drive comfortably because that actually makes them quicker (they'll be smoother and more consistent) and thus makes you quicker. Also most tailgaters cant drive, I got overtaken by one who then shot around a blind country bend on the wrong side of the road. Speed doesn't necessarily make you a good driver.

I sympathise however with those against people who hog the middle or outside lanes. Technically they are overtaking lanes so if someone is moving quicker than you then you should get out the way where safe to do so. As for people who try to push in at roundabouts, another thing you definitely shouldn't do is accelerate earlier than they do forcing them wide so they have to do a whole revelation to turn off.
Ofc its, my original comment was nothing along the sides of "its not dangerous".
Clearly you don't understand, for as you wrote:
Tailgating doesn't bother anyone. Shouldn't bother you either, if they crash into you - its automatically their fault. And you can enjoy some free cash :smile:
Yep, that's an implicit admission. Want another?

I hope you get some horribly [sic] whip lash from a tailgating beamer driver just so I can bathe in your rage.
Clearly you don't understand, for as you wrote:Yep, that's an implicit admission. Want another?

Two sets?
Unfortunately people will always do this, but it is pointless and doesn't make any difference to a journey length at all. Just setting yourself up for an accident really. I'm a learner at the moment, and it shocks me that people do it to me. If I suddenly stopped (quite possible for a learner) then they would be right up my back end and find themselves with a huge insurance bill to pay. People seem to have no patience these days, or they're just not paying attention to the car in front of them. Pretty silly thing to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending