The Student Room Group

Can you go to another Uni's Careers Fair?

When I was graduating my Uni did a decent job fair, but myself and a bunch of mates also went to Manchester - because they were rated as having the best job fair in the north (still true I think)

I went looking and it seems you have to be a registered UofM student to go now - so are careers fairs closed events, only for the Uni's students?
Original post by ChiefBrody
When I was graduating my Uni did a decent job fair, but myself and a bunch of mates also went to Manchester - because they were rated as having the best job fair in the north (still true I think)

I went looking and it seems you have to be a registered UofM student to go now - so are careers fairs closed events, only for the Uni's students?

Are careers fairs put on by a University for their own enrolled students - yes, obviously. Can you blag your way in and get some use out of them - perhaps.
Possibly harder these days as often these careers fairs are attended by companies with mixed reputations and often protested against - e.g. BP. So I know at least some places have at times required student IDs be presented to enter to limit disruption by protests (of course most of the time the protests are by their own students anyway but there you have it).
I think the official answer is going to be for registered students at that uni only.

In practical terms it's going to dependant how the day is managed - if it's in a secure building you'd have to tailgate to get in, if there are seminars/talks there may be someone taking student numbers or checking ID's.

As artful has noted, at the most recent related event that I went to, there was a significant amount of security checking ID's to mitigate the risk of protests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending