The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kevi14
I got an offer yday btw!! Thank God!! Anyone know how many offers will be given? Also if anyone wanted to know about missed offer, I found out on a response to a freedom of informatiom email that all 14 near misses (AAB) last year were still given a place at BSMS! And is there a offer holders page on fb?? Thanks and good luck to all else!

Well done and thank you for that its really good to know :-)
Reply 981
I got an offer yday for bsms!! Does anyone know the offer holders page. Also I found out that all applicants in the previous years who missed their conditional offer slightly eg got AAB instead of AAA were still given a place.
Original post by kc91
Feel like everyone has an offer apart from me :frown: I hope they've still got lots to give out but i m just so so worried in going to be rejected. I can't really function that well at the moment due to the stress

I think they've still got all week to give out the rest of the offers - you never know, you might get yours today :smile: I know the waiting sucks major balls (you sound like how I was yesterday), but hopefully it'll be worth it. From how things have been going so far people are probably going to start hearing things in the next couple of hours.
Have you got any other offers/are you still waiting on anywhere else?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kevi14
I got an offer yday for bsms!! Does anyone know the offer holders page. Also I found out that all applicants in the previous years who missed their conditional offer slightly eg got AAB instead of AAA were still given a place.

There's a link on the first page of this thread to the offer holders group, and in that group there is anther link to a group BSMS have made too(:
Original post by Kevi14
I got an offer yday btw!! Thank God!! Anyone know how many offers will be given? Also if anyone wanted to know about missed offer, I found out on a response to a freedom of informatiom email that all 14 near misses (AAB) last year were still given a place at BSMS! And is there a offer holders page on fb?? Thanks and good luck to all else!

Congrats on your offer!
You don't happen to know if that number included resit applicants do you (as in people who were applying with achieved AAB to start with) - probably pushing it a bit but it'd be nice if they were that forgiving :tongue:

Spoiler

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an offer holders page, couldn't tell you for sure though. My suggestion would be to go onto fb and search around a bit (might have to try a few different things in the search before you get it).
Original post by lightwoXd
Congrats on your offer!
You don't happen to know if that number included resit applicants do you (as in people who were applying with achieved AAB to start with) - probably pushing it a bit but it'd be nice if they were that forgiving :tongue:

Spoiler

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an offer holders page, couldn't tell you for sure though. My suggestion would be to go onto fb and search around a bit (might have to try a few different things in the search before you get it).

Nah I spoke to them about that and it's natural that they won't be forgiving if we fail to get AAA again - probably only happens if you have major extenuation. Also offer holders page is in the OP -^^
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Nah I spoke to them about that and it's natural that they won't be forgiving if we fail to get AAA again - probably only happens if you have major extenuation. Also offer holders page is in the OP -^^

That's fair enough, thought that might be the case haha. Can always dream though right?
Hi guys I got an email today I'm so so so nervous that I can't even open it. Is it a good sign that I've got one around this time or does it make no difference. Like is it highly possible it could be a rejection?
Original post by Cravez
Unconditional offer. Graduate applicant.

I'm a graduate too you got an unconditional offer?
Original post by nnekaxoxo
Hi guys I got an email today I'm so so so nervous that I can't even open it. Is it a good sign that I've got one around this time or does it make no difference. Like is it highly possible it could be a rejection?

I doubt the time makes any difference! I got mine about 5-6ish not quite sure, just open it! I know it gets to the point where you'd rather hope you have an offer than knowing if you have one or not but you've done all you can and no matter whether it's a rejection or not keep your chin up! Fingers crossed for you
Guys If You Were Wondering, Just To Spread Awareness; I've Had A Look On The Facebook Group And It Appears That Angela Likes Milkshake!
Original post by r_honeywell
I doubt the time makes any difference! I got mine about 5-6ish not quite sure, just open it! I know it gets to the point where you'd rather hope you have an offer than knowing if you have one or not but you've done all you can and no matter whether it's a rejection or not keep your chin up! Fingers crossed for you

Did you get an offer?
Original post by nnekaxoxo
Did you get an offer?

Yeah, somehow!
Reply 993
Original post by AnnekaChan173

I got a B in chemistry in AS, didnt retake but still got an offer, then I got another B in A2, and was put on the near miss list on results day but got an offer a few days later, BSMS are one of the more forgiving med schools haha
Original post by Squishy®
can i open it for you please it'll be fun, maybe romantic who knows :wink:

Hahaha I actually considered it. Lool but it would break my heart to get bad news. And of course those that got rejected won't be here saying anything so I just don't know how to feel😓
Reply 995
Rejection :frown: beyond devastated. This was my reapplication tp bsms. I'm a 25 year old graduate and can't help but feel the medicine ship has sailed for me now. Best of luck to everyone else waiting
Original post by kc91
Rejection :frown: beyond devastated. This was my reapplication tp bsms. I'm a 25 year old graduate and can't help but feel the medicine ship has sailed for me now. Best of luck to everyone else waiting

I'm so so so sorry I know life will work out in the best way for you. Was it today😞
Reply 997
Got an offer yesterday, already firmed it!
Original post by MNILS
I got a B in chemistry in AS, didnt retake but still got an offer, then I got another B in A2, and was put on the near miss list on results day but got an offer a few days later, BSMS are one of the more forgiving med schools haha

We're talking about retakers who have applied with AAB at A2 achieved, so it's not the same for us if we fail to achieve an A for the second time around. They can't afford to be as forgiving.

Original post by kc91

I'm really sorry about that :frown: Do you know what you'll do next year? I really hope the best for you whatever you decide to do next
Original post by Squishy™
You think I could ask to be deferred after I've been given an offer?

Yes, contact the Admissions Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending