The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 1
Hi, I graduated in History at Hull last summer, and all told they have an excellent teaching staff. You can expect around 6ish hours lectures / seminars a week in your first year going up to around 8 in your final, although there is obviously expectation of outside reading. The modules take the form of weekly lecture and seminar generally, some times a student will present in the seminars, but mostly you'll be doing group discussion on the prepared reading list / questions. You'll find the first year pretty cushy with an obvious increase in expectations as you go second - to final year. Still I'd suggst you put in the effort in first year as whilst it doesn't matter for your grade you will ultimately find yourself thinking 'what have I learn't?' and regretting it if you don't put in the time to 'learn' rather than just pass the exams / essays. Anyway generally a good set of modules which a wide variety to choose from, a friendly and helpful staff and a good student experience.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
-Oh I don't really know about other uni's tho sorry, having spoken to a friend of mine at Liverpool doing history and it seems comparable in terms of teaching time and methods.

Latest