The Student Room Group

Applying to York with an Ancient and Modern History Personal Statement.

i'm looking to apply for history courses which include both ancient and modern history elements -
oxford - ancient and modern history
st. andrews - history (includes ancient history anyways)
edinburgh - history and classics
durham - ancient, medieval and modern history

and york. except york doesn't offer a course with both ancient and modern history elements. if i were to still apply to york's history course with my personal statement which will be around half ancient history, would this be detrimental to my application? i'd assume they would dislike the fact that half of what i have written is irrelevant to their course which doesn't include any ancient history.

alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions about other universities which offer the course i'm looking for? ideally, i'd like it to be a bit of a safer option since my first 4 have really quite high entry reqs/are hard to get into. but living in a nice/beautiful city (or campus) with enough to do is also quite important to me.

thank you!
Original post by haum3a
i'm looking to apply for history courses which include both ancient and modern history elements -
oxford - ancient and modern history
st. andrews - history (includes ancient history anyways)
edinburgh - history and classics
durham - ancient, medieval and modern history

and york. except york doesn't offer a course with both ancient and modern history elements. if i were to still apply to york's history course with my personal statement which will be around half ancient history, would this be detrimental to my application? i'd assume they would dislike the fact that half of what i have written is irrelevant to their course which doesn't include any ancient history.

alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions about other universities which offer the course i'm looking for? ideally, i'd like it to be a bit of a safer option since my first 4 have really quite high entry reqs/are hard to get into. but living in a nice/beautiful city (or campus) with enough to do is also quite important to me.

thank you!

See: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/10353/ba-ancient-history-and-history/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending